Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCS and Call Pilot - newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PascalHL

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2005
FR
Hi,

please excuse my lack of knowledge about Call Pilot, but we are migrating lately from a MMail 13, using mostly Access.
We are meeting a problem with CCS (4.2, 5.0 in some days), which seems to be without a solution, but i am very surprised : a GIVE IVR using as TREATMENT a mailbox seems to be impossible to do directly with CP. We were using a lot this feature as NCFW : permitting our customers to record a voice mail when the skillset is closed.
With CP, the CCS script runs fine, but we are having only blank sound.
Does anyone know about this problem, and eventually a simple work around or patch (France here, so we are the last of the lasts :))

Thanks by advance for any help.

Regards,
PG

Rather than use GIVE IVR, you might just route the call to a phantom number that is DCFW'd to the CallPilot voice messaging CDN.

With CallPilot any Treatment must be in the SDN list. Giving tretment to a mailbox will not work. What I typically do is use the ROUTE CALL command and send it to a dummy ACD that is NCFW to the Callpilot, then have that dummy ACD number as a secondary DN in the proper mailbox.

You can route the call to the CDN of the Call Pilot, in the SDN table enter the CDN that is used for the call to enter into the Symposium and for treatment in the Call Pilot have it do Express Messaging to the appropriate mailbox.

Thanks a lot for these answers.
So there are workarounds, but no way to avoid interrupted calls using Give Ivr, but only Route Call to CP.

I did understand, and i'll do with it :)

Once more, thanks to all, and have very good end of year !

Regards,

PG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back