Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCR won't accept three digit extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmmillermd

Technical User
Feb 14, 2005
US
Have CICS6.1 and CallPilot 100. System set up with default 2 digit extensions. Change to three to use Hunt Groups. Now the CCR trees don't work saying person at extension and even operator not available. I made some changes then relaized the extensions were still two digits..however when I tried to ad the leading '2' to the transfer node extensions, it wouldn't allow it. I am assuming it isn't working because the two digit extensions aren't recognized and I may have to give up Hunt Groups and revert back.

You may have to do a startup on the CICS and make a new template starting with your three digit extension range. You could and I don't recommend this and I believe it is in System programming heading and change the DN lenght to 3 digit. I would do a startup on the CICS. Recommended.
Dmac,

From your post I think you are saying the CICS is already 3 digits, but the call pilot is still 2. Correct?
If so- you must do a re-install of the call pilot.

That should change the extension length allowed onn the CP from 2 to 3?

yes- when you do an install (or a re-install,) the CP checks with the CICS to get such information.

what it will do- is change your CP DN length to match that of the CICS. So, if your CP DN was 36 before, it will be 236 after re-install. The mbx's will also be 3 digit to match the DN's.

BKRIKE and MJSD333 - Bingo!

The new template fixed the digits and the re-install on the CP recognized the new length. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back