Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCR Tree Company Directory issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXCEL23

Technical User
Nov 15, 2010
CA
Hi,

any help would be great. I am having an issue with bcm50 and ccr tree company directory. When I call the phone number and it says dial the extension at any time. I dial the extension. it rings on the phone but not the extension and then goes to general voicemail. this only happens for one extension as all others work and I made sure the mailbox has directory checked.
internal I can dial the extension no problem

any help would be great.

let me know t

thanks,

Mike

I had a similar problem recently, couldn't figure out where the problem was, so I deleted and re-built the CCR and all is well now.

When you say: When I call the phone number and it says dial the extension at any time. I dial the extension. it rings on the phone but not the extension and then goes to general voice mail.
You say it RINGS on the phone not the EXTENSION. They are the same thing, whet do you mean?

When I use my cell phone to call the number. when i get prompted to dial extension at any time, i dial the extension. On my cell phone it is ringing but at the physical extension i am trying to reach it is not ringing.

every other extension works. I have made sure that directory is selected on the extension voicemail.

From what you've saying I don't think you're using a CCR, if you were you would be pressing a single digit versus dialing the whole extension so with that said it appears you just have a basic AA setup. First thing to check is make sure the extension that you're calling is really that extension. This can be a few things ie. Calling wrong extension, volume on phone is turned down, DND is on, or possible bad phone.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Avaya/Nortel
Sales. Service. Installation

when I call the telephone number..Ccr tree plays and it says press 1 for accounting, press to for sales and so on. At the end it says at anytime you can dial your extension and then push #. When I dial the one extension I am having issue with it rings on the phone that you are calling on but not at the extension. Internally if I dial the extension number it rings.

once you get into the ccr tree it is a 1-digit dial plan so they must dial the 1 digit or press 0 for an operator or press # for a directory in which case they have to spell the persons last name

You can only dial directly to an extension while the system menus are playing, once the home node begins to play on the ccr you can only dial single digits to defined extensions or transfer as directed by the tree. Sounds like you might want to call a vendor for assistance as ccr can be extremely difficult and easy to hose up.

I can dial any other extension at that time and it works.. some when you call it says the main greeting and at the end says can dial extension at anytime. then it will go you to say push 1 for whatever, push 2 for something.

i tried that.. it rings on the phone i am calling from and then hit general voicemail but doesnt ring at the actual extension

You mean "the caller continues to hear ringing" in future works best and not so confusing.

What is the DN number of the phone? do Feature * 0 Intercom to be absolute sure in case there is an answer DN key on it
What is the Mailbox number?
What is the EXT:? pointing to under that mailbox?
Have you rebooted the system?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

the dn # is 3010
extension is 3010
mailbox 3010

no I have not restarted system yet

issue has been fixed.. thanks for everyones input

Status
Not open for further replies.