Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCR Transfer to External Number 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuji2086

Technical User
Nov 7, 2013
US
I'll start by letting everyone know that I am new to the world of phone systems. Here's what we have: CallPilot 150/mini and MICS 7.1.

Here's the scenario: we previously had an auto attendant message that played after hours on our two main lines with a phone number for people to call in urgent situations. Apparently that's no longer kosher because it's long distance for some in our service area. The solution we want to implement is using a CCR tree with an option to transfer the call to that external number (and some other options which I have figured out.) I attempted to set it up to use another line to make the transfer, but when we tested it we were played a message that said that something was not set up and redirected back to the CCR menu. I don't know what the different options are as far as the line pool and route are as well as a link transfer. What are your recommendations?

Some other related information: We have mandatory 10 digit dialing in our area. We do not have to dial a 9 or any type of code to dial out local or long distance. I've tried to call our local phone company, but it's now been weeks and multiple calls and they have not returned any calls.

Note: I'm currently programming the CCR through our T7316e phones because I have no idea what IP the CallPilot is using and we don't have a laptop with a serial port. I may be picking up a USB to serial adapter because that 2 line display isn't very consusive to programming.

What is the exact message you are getting?
What type of phone lines do you have?
What is the exact method of dialing out? i.e. any buttons pressed etc.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Interesting, never heard of leaving a carrier a message.....always a human answering unless you mean vendor.
Regardless, always leave carriers for lines only anyway and find a local vendor for phone system issues.

Normal programming is Telset or GUI/LAN
Default IP is 192.168.110.10
Serial Port only for technical troubleshooting
Networking Callpilot 100/150:

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

To answer a couple of the questions now, what I can.
I'll get the exact message later this afternoon. The office is too busy to make changes to it right now.
Line information from the phone: Trunk Type: Loop, Line Type: Public, Trunk Mode: Unsupervised, Link at CO: No, LossPkg: MediumCO. There are no resctrictions in place.
To dial out from any phone in the system, you just hit one of the 5 lines available and enter the 10 digit telephone number.

I'd love to give more details from outside the phone company, but I don't have them. When I call our phone company's 800 number they won't answer any questions and instead refer us to our "account representative" who never answers.

Thanks for the link for the programming link. The IP address of the CallPilot is apparently not the default any longer. The person the company used for IT 8 or 10 years ago when the phone system was installed has since passed away. The system was purchased through our local phone company.

When you do use a serial cable and hyper terminal then reboot the CP and look for the IP address that will display, options to choose it when it states "press any key within 2 seconds".

You have Copper/POTs lines.
Trunk Mode: Unsupervised - Change this to Supervised or you may get hung calls locking the line up with voice mail

Dial Intercom 9 and see if it grabs Line 5 (bottom first and works its way up)
If not then:
Suggest to put your lines into a Pool (A) in Line programming
Set Access code of 9 for Pool A in SystemProgramming/AccessCodes unless done already.

In voice mail CCR tell the Path to TRSF/EXT/Pool 1 (1=A)

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Setting up the line pool worked for the transfer. Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back