Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCR Max Memory Usage and Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

gknight1

Programmer
Jul 27, 2006
US
Before we start this... My company did not sell the solution, we picked up the account from another bp.

CCR pc has Server 2003 sp2, dual core 2.13 ghz, and 4 GB RAM

When I try to run a report for more than 2 days it just sits at the loading screen and never seems to pull the report. When I open task manager in windows it only shows 2.4 GB of the memory being used. Is there something in CCR or in the SQL database that would be restricting this. Also, the CPUs only run between 55%-70%.

This call center takes about 1,000 calls a day. Is there any hope for CCR in this environment or will they just not be able to pull reports that contain more than a day or two of information.

They would like to pull a report for 6 months, I laughed we she said that...lol

The report that is most useful to them is the Agent Trace.

When I tested this in our office the CPU peaked at 100% until the report was complete, but the memory did the same thing, it would only go up to 2 GB when the server has 4GB. Any ideas?

Try to clear the event viewer error/notifications.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

try upping the server to 8GB Ram
your issue is number one on list of our issues we had with CCR - 3 years later and we still have no answers from Avaya....

Chronicall has replace all but a few CCR installs

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

oh believe me, I all ready told them about Chronicall, but they literally just bought they upgraded from CCC to CCR about 4 months ago wiht the other business partner, so its hard to get money for another upgrade

A dual core is not really a good proc for a server that needs to report for over a 1000 calls a day.
Like HSM told you, up the ram and even up the whole server if you can.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

we had a few busy call centres running between 3000-5000 calls / day. after 6 mths the SQL database was 22GB - I shudder to think how big it would be after a couple of years.

My theory is CCR reporting simply couldnt interrogate the database, or the fact that the calculations for stuff was so complex and all done on the fly, that I was forced to call Cray Computers in to build a supercomputer to crunch the reports

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

:) i have played with Xima Chronicall for a little bit now and i must say that it wors very nice and very quick.
Let's see in about a month how a monthly report will go.
For a day it is there within 2 seconds.

BAZINGA!

Peter,

same customers who had CCR and no reports, now have Chonicall and reports in 30+ seconds

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

I believe you.
I am totally in love :)
Installing CCR on a server that has an OS installed -> 4 hours
Installing Xima on a server that has an OS installed -> 10 minutes

BAZINGA!

Bring the Agent pricing down, add time cards etc and it would be pretty much perfect :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back