Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCR install on Windows Server 2008 R2 w/ MSSQL 2008 R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

papapoon

Technical User
Jan 17, 2012
CA
Hi Guys,

I was looking for some guidance on installing CCR on the machines in the subject.

The Installation guide implementing CCR for IPOffice ver 7 does not
mention specific details for Server 08 and sql 08 and is more tailored to server 2003/mssql 2005.

I found an installation guide for IPO ver 8 which covers more but I am confused about the windows update parts.

The FAQ on this forum indicates I need the following updates
and
That's all.

The guide mentions .Net 4.0 along with Visual J# 4.0 on page 29 section 2.7 but on page 28 they mention other updates..

its a bit confusing.

Has anyone succesfully installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 and MSSQL 2008 R2?

Thanks all.

installs perfectly OK on 2008

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

On 2008 (64bit), all those updates should already be there (besides the J#). It is indeed tailored to 2003.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

HSM, I would agree with you if it was the case.

When my network guy installed it, the reporting portion of the program would not work.

I could not see the different report types or actually generate a report, etc...

I will be attempting to installing it from scratch today..

Ive installed it on numerous 2k8 machines with 2k8 sql without a hassle. the only issue is afterwards when its been working getting meaningful stats ;-)

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Looks like I was able to install properly.

Let's see how the stats come out as soon as I have some days worth of data.

Any suggestions on reports? or modifications to reports?

Now it looks like I don't get any data on my wallboard but my monitor views work just fine....

one problem after another...amazing

Nope...installed...latest version..if it wasnt installed it would give a me a Silverlight logo direct download to install it.

We are using the Views instead for the time being...on a big TV zoomed into 125%.....but when our "CCR" was broken (no reporting), Wallboard was working...

Odd, now its the other way around.

Hi Papapoon,

Did you manage to get this working on Windows Server 2008 R2, I've just tried and have the same issues. I cant see the report tabs in the CCR Supervisor?

If you didnt manage to get it working what OS did you end up using?

Thanks

Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back