Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCR Historical Reporting v6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jupster

Technical User
Feb 11, 2010
AU
Hi, I have just upgraded to v6 IP500, and I have installed CCR and it was working OK for 1 day and now I have a "communication faulted" error on the Historical Reporting Service. The Server says that the service is started, but I cant get it to initialize and reconnect. Has anyone had this problem??

Do you have the required ports added in the firewall ?

2.15 Firewall Settings
If the server is running a firewall then traffic on some additional ports may need to be allowed. The detail here cover the
addition of those ports for the default Windows firewall.
1.Access the Widows Firewall settings (Start | Control Panel | Windows Firewall).
2.Select the Exceptions tab.
3.Click Add Port....
· Enter a name to describe the function such as IPOCCR SQL Access.
· Set the Port to 1433 and TCP.
4.Repeat the above operation but for UDP port 1434.
5.Click OK.

ACSS IP Office
APSS IP Office
APSS UC
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

The Firewall on the Server is off and I had read your posts in a previous thread and had allowed those ports just in case.

Do you have followed the manual ???

I have installed it yesterday (again) and it is still running fine without any errors (knocking wood)

ACSS IP Office
APSS IP Office
APSS UC

Yes, I did, and I also had previous version running before 1.2.2.78. If I clear out the event log, it will come good but Im still getting disconnection to the switch but all other services are running.

If it worked on the older version then i would do a complete reinstall.
I have it running on a Server 2003 and had it running on a Server 2008 too.

ACSS IP Office
APSS IP Office
APSS UC

I have run the install again, and repaired it, I was concerned about uninstalling it as we have 10 users that use this for reporting and live data, and was unsure of the result of doing that.

Hopefully it works.
You could get another server and install it there.
It is possible to swap the database but i have to look in the manual for that.

ACSS IP Office
APSS IP Office
APSS UC

Yes, I read the docco on that too, and thought at the time, I could do without doing that!! It seems to be running OK with the switch disconnected, what do you think that might affect?

Hello, you might be interested in checking this thread

Communications Faulted CCR

I made three (and like google, its increasing) fresh installations and got this error sooner or later.

also exceptions are added to the firewall, although it is inactive.

So still trying to found what is the nuissance and fix it for ever!

I agree, its not really affecting us that much but it is still very annoying. I also am waiting for a resolution, I have had a ticket open with avaya for weeks now with no reply!!

did anyone get to the bottom of this, its just stopped out of the blue

Regards

ACA - IP Office
ACS - IP Office
ACSS-SME

sorry its just the same as the above
IP500 5.0.20
CCR Historical Reporting

when logged on to CCR it says communication fault but in event viewer it says CCR Historical Reporting started

ACA - IP Office
ACS - IP Office
ACSS-SME

clear even logs.
restart the Data Analyser.
re-enter the switch password
hit update
wait a few moments
all should go green

worked a treat...i have seen a few bits and bats with this but nowhere saying to do what you said...

does anyone know what it is?

ACA - IP Office
ACS - IP Office
ACSS-SME

The errors are generated from the event logs, so even if the system is OK, the status light remains red until you clear the error. this is to "force" you as the maintainer to acknowledge the problem.

I'm not too certain why this stuffs the data analyser.

what was confusing me was when you pressed the restart historical reporting and looked in event log it showed as it starts ok..

thanks anyway

ACA - IP Office
ACS - IP Office
ACSS-SME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back