Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCR - Historical Reporting problems 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarim

Technical User
May 19, 2011
FI
Problem is:
Historical Reporting - An unexpected error occurred...
And
Printer Discovery Service - Communications Faulted(RED)

Windows: Win2008 sp2 64-bit
IPO: 6.0(18)
CCR: 1.2.7.1

-Firewall OFF
-UAC OFF
-Tried clearing the Windows application log, not helping
-CCR reinstalled
-Admin user account for schedulet task and printer config is a domain account with administrator rights.

What next?????

Did you make sure IPv6 is turned on, for some reason CCR does not like it switched off :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

stop all services from top to bottom.

set printer discovery service as administrator on local machine,

see if printer discovery starts up ok. then stop again.

locate C:\Program Files\Avaya\IPOCCR\CCRWebClient\CCRPrinterDiscoveryService" and open it - set the password the same as the password the service parameter uses

clear all event logs, application and system.

restart all services from bottom to top.

wait 3 minutes all should be good, well until the next bug!

Ok, we did all things you listed and everything seemed ok until we clicked on "Historical reporting". Again the same unexpected error and Printer Discovery Service turned back to red...

Any other suggestions? Thanks anyway!

I have seen this error while there was nothing wrong.
I ignored it because everything was working fine, ever printing reports.
Does it work for you?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

No we can't get the historical reporting working, so it's a problem.

Then you have a bigger problem.
Did you add the firewall execptions even when the firewall is turned off?
Is there any anti virus on the server?
Any other apps running on the server?

BAZINGA!

Solution - uninstall - reboot.

(Make sure you back up SQL - but the data will be OK

Reinstall CCR

Reboot

If that fails, uninstall - remove .net 3.5.1 - remove IIS

reboot

reinstall correctly

ACSS - SME

I have experienced this issue with the printer discovery service error and it prevented Housekeeping tasks from running (e.g. resetting statistics). The fix was the printer discovery service login account had to be changed to run under an administrator account - of the five services associated with CCR - this is the only one with that requirement.
Danny

Is IPv6 enabled on the CCR server or the DHCP server? In my case it was off on the CCR server.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

PS. after turning off UAC on the server, did you gave reboot?

Avaya_Red.gif

Thanks for suggestions, but unfortunately nothing has helped..
We have removed UAC and rebooted, enabled ipv6 and rebooted, set the printer discovery service to logon as local admin account. Also removed the ccr and re-installed. Haven't yet tried to remove .NET and IIS. Will try that as a last resort..

Application event error:

Exception: Microsoft.Web.Services3.AsynchronousOperationException: WSE101: An asynchronous operation raised an exception. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it ::1:8140 Server stack trace: at Microsoft.Web.Services3.Messaging.SoapTcpConnection.Connect() at Microsoft.Web.Services3.Messaging.SoapTcpConnection..ctor(Uri remoteEndpoint, SoapTcpTransportOptions options, ISoapFormatter formatter) at Microsoft.Web.Services3.Messaging.SoapTcpTransport.CreateConnection(Uri transportAddress) at Microsoft.Web.Services3.Messaging.SoapTcpTransport.GetConnection(Uri destination) at Microsoft.Web.Services3.Messaging.SoapTcpTransport.Send(SoapEnvelope envelope, EndpointReference destination) at Microsoft.Web.Services3.Messaging.SoapTcpOutputChannel.Send(SoapEnvelope message) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink) Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData) at Microsoft.Web.Services3.Messaging.SoapOutputChannel.SendDelegate.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result) at Microsoft.Web.Services3.Messaging.SoapOutputChannel.EndSend(IAsyncResult result) at Microsoft.Web.Services3.WebServicesClientAsyncResult.OnSendComplete(IAsyncResult result) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.Web.Services3.AsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) at Microsoft.Web.Services3.Xml.SoapEnvelopeReaderWrapper..ctor(SoapClientMessage message, String messageContentType) at Microsoft.Web.Services3.WebServicesClientProtocol.GetReaderForMessage(SoapClientMessage message, Int32 bufferSize) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at PrinterDiscoveryService.FindPrinters() at Avaya.SBCC.WebClient.ServiceAgents.PrinterDiscoveryServiceAgent.FindPrinters()
56657273696F6E3D312E322E372E31

This is the problem:

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

BAZINGA!

Yep, but what on earth is causing the refusal? I just don't get it...

Wrong link, cannot find the right one anymore. But what IIS do you have installed? The right IIS a listed in the docs.

Avaya_Red.gif

I bet if you restart the realtime connection and re-type the switch password and submit (from the Admin web page) it will all be fine.

ACSS - SME

When I try to restart the switch connection, I get the same error: "An unexpected error occured..." Also same error, if I try to restart any service from the admin web page.

THe IIS is version 7.0.6000.16386. Doc says v6 or higher, so it should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back