Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCR allows extension input??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Settin up a NAM 4 for two seperate companies. Using CCR, I set up one option such as for sales press 2, and it does an ext xfer. This works fine, but during testing I notice that if I press 2 followed by additional digits, such as 22, it transfers to 222 as if it were in AA mode as opposed to just transfering to the CCR programmed ext. Is there anyone to disable this funtion that is allowing the NAM to except additional digits after the first entered in a CCR menu?. I am worried about callers punching in ext numbers and going to the wrong company.

The voice mail is designed to route calls either way, either by a CCR option or by entering an extension number. I am not aware of any way to dis-allow extension transferring.... Sorry Dave McCall
Norstarpro

yes.. I did disable gendelivery. Then just set up two recep mbx's,
After talking with several people, I guess there is no way to disable that extention input feature in CCR. One thing that caught my interest in the manual was "response time at home menu= 2.5 seconds" I wonder how this value effects the sytem waiting for additional digits and if it can be changed.

Not sure if this post will go through twice...

Perhaps change DN length to 4?? Change numbering system to start with 4s, 5s?? Don't forget to remove all DRTs and remove prime phone from all lines.
Something to be aware of = if a set is forwarded to Vmail but doesn't have a Mbox, the call WILL go to AA/CCR number one by default.

Cheers
PhM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back