Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNP Study Guide Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie147

Technical User
Aug 6, 2002
GB
I have been self studying the CCNP 2.0 and have all 4 of the Sybex guides. How much has changed in the CCNP 3.0 and what are the best books to but for self study. There don't seeem to be any CCNP 3.0 Sybex guides available yet. I have read the routing/switching guides for 2.0 and want to get on with the CCNP 3.0 as soon as possible. Any advice would be appreciated.

Ben.

I just finished CCNP last week and I had to take version 3 tests with version 2 study materials for the Remote and the Support exam.
I didn't have too much trouble with the new tests. I didn't see but one or 2 questions that weren't covered in the study materials but thats par for Cisco - even if I had had v3 study materials. The Remote test had some simulations on it as part of the new test. Basically it gives you a router simulator and has you configure it for some specific functions. That was the easy part since commands with '?' even gives the help screens. The support test didn't have any simulations.

To study, I used the Cisco Press books a little (take the tests at the end of each chapter) and then read the exam cram books back to back. Also the Boson practice tests were vital (I feel) to passing. Many questions on the Boson tests were the same as the actual tests. I have used Sybex before and they are just as good as the Cisco books in my opinion so no worries there.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back