Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNP Home Lab Setup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulux

MIS
Aug 1, 2007
US
I’m looking into how to best study for the CCNP exams. While studying for me CCNA, I used a simulator (routersim) which was useful, but clearly has its limitations. I am wondering what equipment would be adequate to really learn the CCNP material. I have heard from others that the amount of equipment needed to sufficiently setup a home lab for the CCNP is so expensive, that your money would be better spent on paying to rent some rack time somewhere. There is a lot of conflicting information out on the web, but I have gotten a lot of great information out of this site, so I hope that some of you may be able to offer some advice. I apologize if this question has already been asked and answered, but I searched through previous postings and have not seen anything on this topic. Thanks in advance!

It was exactly what I was looking for. And I must thank Cisco for not just bloating it with over powered (and expensive) devices. They seem to have prepared it for exactly what you need no more no less.

Gb0mb

........99.9% User Error........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back