Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNP fundation or 3 exams????

Status
Not open for further replies.

msir

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2001
CZ
What do you recommend ??? - CCNP fudation (3 exams together) or make routing, switching and remote access separely????? I dont care about money company will pay exams what i want.
thanks

I personally would recommend that you take each subject one at a time, but that really depends on your level of experience and your goals. Are you already performing on a CCNP level? Do you already know all of the technologies inside and out and just need a little refresher? There really is quite a bit covered by the exams in question. Further, as always, you need to know the "Most Correct Cisco Answer" to a lot of stuff. Besides, it's a great review process even if you do know it all already. But that goes back to goals. Do you need the cert in a hurry or will it benefit you to go a little slower and possibly learn something?

Just some rambling thoughts...

I would recommend taking individual exams in the
following order:

Routing (640-901) BSCI
Remote Access
Switching
CIT

The reason I say this is that the routing exam is a
pain in the ***, and probably the hardest exam out of
the four. Also, I have heard that in order to pass
the foundation exam, you must pass all sections of
the exam (about 150 questions)...a failure in any
of the routing, RA, switching sections will result
in you NOT passing (not sure about this, just something
I heard).

Well, my personal opinion is that this has nothing to do with money.It has to do with time.Take a deap breath and just think.3 tests all mixed up and if you fail one you will not pass!I think it is better to give them one by one because when i saw them in one test i must say that a had a bad pain in my brain..!
It is only an opinion though... CCNA
System/Network Administrator

I agree with the previous, I was facing this situation myself but realized that in my opinion it is better to take them one by one, as for what dogbert2 was saying you do have to pass all sections of the exam , the exam is approx 110 questions and any one section failed = failure. You can get these specs from ciscos site. My biggest reason for taking them one by one is that there is a guarantee that you will learn more and have more of an in depth understanding. The choice is yours..... Hope this has helped.

Andrae
drae73@yahoo.com
CNA, CCNA, CCDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back