Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNP:BSCI/Routing... What % should you be getting right on practice ex

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsingh7

MIS
Feb 5, 2002
US
Just wanted to know what percentage do you think someone should be getting correct on practice exams? FYI, you need approx. 700/1000pts to pass. You get 300 to begin with just for taking the test... Meaning you need 400/700pts. to pass the exam...Meaning ~60%

So, if I'm getting approx. 70% on the practice tests, am I ready to take the exam. Any feedback would be very helpful.

No No No,

I used the boson exam series (640-503) to prep for my
BSCN exam, and didn't schedule my exam until I was
scoring at least 85 to 90% for 1-2 weeks, plus I
attended the cisco netacad for CCNP routing, and
spent 3 weeks studying for the exam after I finished
the class in May, I can tell you that if you are
scoring 70%, you may wind up failing said exam.
640-901 contains IS-IS (which I didn't have on my
exam), but you MUST know OSPF and BGP inside and out
(in my opinion) to pass this exam (along with ripv2,
EIGRP, VLSM, CIDR, etc).

Dogbert is correct.. 85% pass on practice is the min to shoot for. OSPF and BGP will be there in great force.. and I'm told that IS-IS is showing up now. I personally made many pages of notes in the 3 days before my test.. just to help drive certain points into my head. I also did the practice questions in the Cisco Academy books, I found the questions there (and glossary) closely followed the real test.

MikeS
Find me at
"Take advantage of the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots."
Sun Tzu

When you are bored of studying because you don't see anything new, then you are ready to take the test. I would say about 90% - 100% on Boson, that is when I take the test.

I insist that my students get more that the 80% and encourage them to resit the mocks. Your tutor should be able to set them up again if he is a Cisco Certified Trainer

Get him/her to show you online the errors so that you can understand where you went wrong. This does not apply to Labs.

Also download Winmmx then search for Cisco If you find my site all cisco stuff is free...

good luck

Tutor
England

I shoot for 100% on my practice exams. Then I download a demo practice exam from another company to see how I do with that, because I want to make sure I know the material and not just subconsciously memorizing the questions.

Once I get 100% on my main practice exam and all the demos Downloaded, I take the real test.

$100+ per test pass or fail. A little extra studying can save some $$$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back