Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA1 exam on 25th, February...

Status
Not open for further replies.

icl123

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2006
HR
Hy folks,

On 25th February, I am taking CCNA1 exam .
I am wondering if anyone of you can tell me what to specialy "take care about", what are exam objectives and so... Any advices are wellcome...

# shutdown -i0 -g0 -y

Any advices - really??

# shutdown -i0 -g0 -y

I haven't taken the exam for a couple of years, but one thing EVERYONE always advises is - know your subnetting.

Someone recently advised wriing down subnet information on the paper you will get before you start the exam so it's all there when you need it. I always take a few minutes in the room to write down as much relevant information as I can - you don't get penalised (the timer only starts when you click the "Start Test" button) and it's handy to have the information at your hands when under pressure.

Graham

Years ago I was always advised to know your OSI model and lo and behold I got TWO drag and drop questions on the OSI model. So it was probably worth knowing that subject well as drag and drops have a decent weighting assigned to them.

thanks...

# shutdown -i0 -g0 -y

Does anyone have some "tips and tricks" for subnetting?

# shutdown -i0 -g0 -y

One word - practice

I don't go for tricks, preferring to know stuff like subnetting inside out. So I recommend you write out some addresses and subnet masks, then write it out in binary, write out your first useable host address, last useable host address, broadcast address and subnet address. Do this over and over.

I see a lot of people stumbling over something I believe is basic knowledge. You must be totally comfortable with working in binary and with the concepts of masks - not just for subnetting, but for access lists, IP Precedence in QOS, etc.

Can anyone of you provide me "step by step" guide to subnetting?

# shutdown -i0 -g0 -y

Once you've mastered the basics, go to and spend hours and hours on it. The more you practice the easier it gets! I did my CCNA recently and there are a lot of questions relevant to subnetting.

I think the hardest part was the troubleshooting but you really have to have all the basics down.

Good luck!

Molenski
As my bessie bud Kev always says - Get involved!!!

i am ssuming you mean the INTRO exam (ccna 1?)

If so, be prepared for two simulations.

one is to configure a password for telnet, the other is to assign an ip address to an interface and change the hostname of the router.

subnetting is a 100% must, you will not pass if you cant do the subnetting.

mmany questions on the OSI layers, know your common tcp/udp port numbers.

thx! wish me luck....

# shutdown -i0 -g0 -y

Good luck and just so you know, I had a sim question on OSPF so be prepared!

Molenski
As my bessie bud Kev always says - Get involved!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back