Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat23

Technical User
Jul 22, 2001
US
Are there any pratical exams that you have to take to get your CCNA or is it just purely a question and answer test. I'm not asking because I don't know how to configure a router and whatnot (becasue I do), but I'm asking just so I'll have knowledge before I go and take the exam. Thanks

The CCNA exam is just a question/answer test, no practical testing. It does help to have hands on experience, but its not required for the test.

Check your local community college, at least here in Dallas we have what’s called express classes which prep you for the CCNA, it’s 4 3 credit courses and takes about 6 months to attend. It starts next Monday, so look into it soon.

One final point, you may know how to configure a Cisco router, but to pass the CCNA test you’ll need a whole lot more info.

Good luck.

Hi,

CCNA Exam is just question/answer test but u need to have some practical knowldge.it will help u pass the Exam.

It is good to know how to config a router (including shortcut keys), the messages that you may get as it boots up, ipx, osi, SUBNETTING and ACCESS LISTS. Subnetting and access lists are a big deal with the routing and switching exam. Make sure that you know WAN protocols in depth. Know this stuff and you'll pass! ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back