Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA Testing approach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Microbyte

Technical User
Feb 20, 2003
US
Hi,

I just have started reading CCNA study guide few weeks ago. Can somebody tell me what would be most efficient and also worthless approach to be ready for the test?
and where can i find a testing site for this particular exam? Oh, i live in central/northern new jersey. thanks alot!!

Microbyte

to find a testing site try at this site you can find a testing site and sing up for the test. and not just for cisco tests.

as for an approach for getting ready... everone seems to do it diffrently so i don't know what to tell you. but a good tip would be know subnetting in side and out.

i've heard cisco has added actual hands on trouble shooting section recently (last year). is this true? if this is true, is there a another way to get ready for the test besides taking one of those $1000+ class?

Simulations are in, so you have to know your stuff. You can use router simulators like Cisco's E-sim,RouterSim,or Boson's RouterSim. You have to know everything coz the simulators in the exam will surely eat up your time if you don't know how to configure a router- hands on.Simulations gain higher poits than multiple choice q's. Multiple Q's are very straight forward.

I didn't know that the sim questions carry a higher mark than the regular questions, i thought it was equal weighting across all the question on the exam

check out this link. Direct from Cisco-regarding the new CCNA exam and how the Simulators are scored. Sorry for the link. Just cut and paste in your browsers.

bin/ciscocert.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=T-
N_zyBg&p_lva=1033&p_faqid=947&p_created=1015349640&p_sp=cF9z
cmNoPTEmcF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTEwNCZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0
PWlzIGNvcHkgcnVuIHN0YXJ0IHJlcXVpcmVkJnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9NCZw
X3Byb2RfbHZsMT1_YW55fiZwX3Byb2RfbHZsMj1_YW55fiZwX3NvcnRfYnk9
ZGZsdCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=

Thanks ecafracs, that clears up my confusion regarding the weighting of the questions. I wouldn't have thought that the sim questions carried extra weight.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back