Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA test......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2001
US
What was it like for those who have passed it? I am about to take the 640-801 CCNA test. I am pretty sure I am prepared. I just want some others opinions on it.

Thanks.

James Collins
Systems Analyst
A+, MCP, MCSA, Network+

Check out TCP-magazine's tests of these exams on:

One advice from me:
Don't study the day before the test, relax, eat well and get a good night sleep before the test.
Meet well prepared and focused at the test senter, and you will do fine.
The test isn't that hard, trust me :)

i beg the differ from geirendre.
my background is electrical engineering so when i was preparing for CCNA, it took quite an effort on my part.
i have taken 12 week CCNA course and read the book twice. but still i have failed 3 times only to pass on my fourth try.
materials are not too hard is nothing but a relative opinion, but from any perspective, the way those questions presented were indeed challenging.
am i a slow learner? maybe, am i dumb? probably no. i just lacked the idea where the CCNA flow was headed for the first 3 tries.

but this i do agree with geirendre.
do not cram. there are so many materials need to cover. master the fundemental basics in OSI layers and dig through all the available CLI commands are the key to pass this test.

Good luck

Microbyte
[medal][medal][medal][medal]

Just make sure you don't screw up on the Simulation questions, as they are worth around 150 marks.. dont make silly mistakes, remember to answer carefully as there is no back or undo button :)

Look out for NOT. This is a very common error.
Which of the following is not in the TCP family?
Choose all that apply:
SMTP
FTP
HTTP
ICMP
RIP

Have plenty of hands on so you don't screw up the sims.
When I took the CCNA the actual sim questions were quite easy, but people were freaking on them right and left. I could swear they program in unrelated stuff to rattle and distract you.

Free IT practice exams:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back