Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA test

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuks

Technical User
Jul 16, 2000
FJ
Can someone please tell me how may modules or exams do we sit before we can get a CCNA certification.

thanks

CCNA is really easy. Just a single test. Get a book and read it (Sybex book is best) and a set of practice questions (Exampasser is best) and you'll know exactly the information on the test, even many of the questions. That easy.

You don't have to take ANY courses before you take the test.
Emasil me at workjohnout@hotmail.com and I'll give you some help.

I read these answers "dont worry.. dont take a course.. it's EASY to pass" and so on.. let me tell you something.. if you show up in my shop with a CCNA cert, you had better know more then what the test question answers are or you will find yourself being shown the door and my friends in the industry will be warned on the QT. Always remember that the IS world is actually very small and many people know each other and trade stories, grumbles and warnings. If you get tagged early on as a BSer, that tag may stick with you longer then you wish for.

Why would you want to shortchange your education by learning to guess test questions?? is it that hard to actually learn something??? is it that hard to rent time at a lab or take a class to LEARN the routers and switches?

Do yourself a favor and invest in yourself. It's never a bad investment and nobody can ever take what you learn away from you.

MikeS
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

Thank you all for your reply. I have bought this Cisco CCNA #640-507 Preparation Library Package. It contains 3 books naming ICND, Internetworking Technologies Handbook and Certification guide. There is also a CCNA trainig kit CD that I have already installed and have done some readings.

I also do work with this department and I mostly work with cisco routers hooking up site mostly on Frame relay and point-to-point lease lines mainly on TCP/IP and DEC protocol. We also operate a couple of 2900 cisco switches and a 2948G.

Right now Im working with router models ranging from 1601,1720,2522,2511 and mostly running IOS ver 11 to 12.

I hope that when I finish with the books and the CD with that little experience, I will pass that CCNA test.

Anyway thanks for all the info.

best regards

Tuks- the Cisco Press CCNA package is pretyt decent. Not as clear as some but definitly has good info. You have the perfect place to learn. Several types of router, frame ( ALOT on the test..) and IP. Practice some IPX for the test along with basic access lists. Also know your OSI stack model and how the various layers map to the OSI.

MikeS "Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back