Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA Preperation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetfeet

Technical User
Mar 21, 2002
US
Hi I'm new to the forum and relatively new to networking.
I've been in a ccna preperation class for the past 5 months, and I have about 1 month to go. I'm desperatly looking for a router and switch sim. I'm very confused at this moment about which one to get. The three simulators I was looking at were: virtual lab gold by sybex, boson's routersim and ccnasim 3.1. Besides cisco's 1st and 2nd year companion guides I've already bought sybex's virtual test center and their study guide which I heard is very good. I guess what I'm asking here is for a little push in the right direction. Any input is appreciated.

If you can pickup a used router say a 1720. Learn all that you can and get alot of hands on as the new CCNA test requires you to know more than just questions and answers. Jeter@LasVegas.com
Fisher CCNA
Sprint-Data

I am going to a CCNA Boot Camp in a couple of weeks. I have a Cat 3524 switch to play with attached to a live network. Should this be a sufficient toy to play with preparing for the CCNA, or is a true router something I need more?

I'm hearing more and more that the new CCNA exam isn't just question and answer, but more of a hands-on, know the command-line type test. Any "cisco command line for dummies" type sites out there anywhere I can check out?

Unless you have some experience I would hesitate paying for a boot camp.

Good luck!

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back