Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA Prep Book? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chusan

MIS
Nov 13, 2001
US
Just looking for recommendations for a good CCNA book or self-paced course that will prepare me for the exam. I've taken some network amd LAN/WAN courses in college and have worked in networking environments (so I'm not starting from scratch).

Thanks for any recommedations.

---Chuck

Hello,

I used the Sybex CCNA Study Guide Second Edition by Todd Lammie. Worked out good for me as I did excellent on the exam.

ISBN 0-7821-2647-2
U.S. 49.99 Can 74.95 UK 36.99

Puts the theory in plain english and then teaches you how Cisco words things. Also has a test engine with over 400 questions, bonus practice exams, flash cards and a searchable dictonary. And the entire guide is also in PDF format. Really good book Serenity

jyates@golden.net
CCNA, MCSE (NT Track), A+, Network+, SCO CUSA, CNA

Hi everybody !

I used the Sybex CCNA Study Guide Second Edition by Todd Lammie too and the book included with the CCNA training kit.

I'd recommend you that practice with the boson tests......

We used the Boston software as well, but I found that they way that word things in it, wasn't very helpful as to how Cisco does things. But it does allow you to get nit-picky with all the little htings that aren't on the test. Cisco also has CCNA Training Kit Software that is very useful as to learning how Cisco words things. You can download it from Kazaa. Also just doing a search pulls up alot of other CCNA/Cisco software that can be very useful. Serenity

jyates@golden.net
CCNA, MCSE (NT Track), A+, Network+, SCO CUSA, CNA
---------------------------------------
Switch where you can, router where you must!

Thanks so much for the help. I'll check out that Lammie book for sure.

ganapathy,

You're right, that link doesn't work anymore. However, unless you can read an entire book on a computer screen I would just spend the $40 for the book (which comes with the PDF). I just bought the book and it's pretty good so far. A bit more technical than I expected but good.

---Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back