Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA or Network+

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2k1981

Programmer
Aug 2, 2002
IE
Hi All,

I was just wondering, after doing the A+ exam, which would be better to do, the network+ or the CCNA. I already hold the CIW associate cert which covers network fundamentals, so would I cover much more if I done the Network+, or should I opt for the CCNA instead? I've heard that the CCNA can really help boost your salary?

Look forward to hearing your replies

Network+ deals more with networking basics and touches a little on the networking aspect from a windows environment. CCNA deals with networking from a cisco stand point and deals with cisco routers and switches basic commands. It all depends on where you work and what direction you want to take your career.

Jeff
A+, Network+, CCNA, CCNP

I don't work in tech support yet, I'm going to do the A+ first, but I wondered for after that, which would would you advise I do?

If you can afford to, I would suggest you do both. the Network plus first, than the CCNA. Network plus will give you a good foundation in networking. after that CCNA would be a peace of cake.

I agree with JSteve...the Network+ will be a much easier test but the CCNA is a "stronger" certification. I'd suggest doing both, starting with the Network+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back