Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

CiscoKidUK

Vendor
Jun 11, 2007
GB
Hi Guys,

I am in the final week of studing for my CCNA (exam Monday 11am) I have read the Sybex Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide (640-801) by Todd Lammle which was a great read understanding loads and would recommend it to anyone, I also tried reading the Ciscopress CCNA book which was very hard to follow and understand fully. I have a full Lab setup at the side of my desk at work plus using boson netsim for some extra help.

What would any recommend to go over again in my last week, I have looked at Actual Test and Test King for some example Q&A's and passing about 90%.

Thanks for the Help

Matt

CiscoKidUK,

Sounds like you have a good handle - you can NEVER have enough practice with subnetting !

Also go over all the "show" commands in the Sybex book and understand what they show you and when they are used.

If you have any test software that measures the areas that you are lacking - take the practice test and then go read that section you scored low in again in BOTH books !! Then go try those ideas on your lab or on the SIM.

Good luck !

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Guys,

I FAILED!!!!!! i got 813 i answered all questions but I got a sim on access list with 3 questions to go,

I did all the access list fine but couldn’t remember how to put it onto the interface I was trying access-group, access-list but its IP ACCESS-GROUP

Which I reckon if I got the sim right I would have passed!!!!!

CiscoKidUK,

good try...check my 'going for the 4th time' post....i'm going for my FORTH time tomorrow...that's right the 4th time....i'm sure you'll find yourself in a lot better situation than i am right now....good luck on your second shot

I have made that mistake a few times as well---it would drive me friggin' NUTS!!! I remember once I was wondering if the IOS even supported applying access lists on the interface!

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back