Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA marking 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenHaddock

Technical User
Mar 10, 2005
GB
Is the CCNA 640-801 paper marked on a weighted or binary basis?

Thanks

GoldenHaddock,

As far as I understand Cisco does not discuss how the exams are graded, just what the passing score is and the objectives of the test.

Having gone to the last 5 Cisco Networkers and hearing different comments in passing I gather that some questions carry more weight then others.

Cisco seems to be very concerned about the sims. But that is just an impression I have, having talked to a lot of people both connected and not connected.

Some questions do not count at all and are just there to "test" different things.

I do know that Cisco spends a lot of time and effort on the exams and the questions, answers and wrong answers used.

I hope this helps - just learn it all :)

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Sims are weighted more heavily. From the Cisco web site:

"Exam simulation questions carry greater weight than typical multiple-choice or fill-in-the-blank test questions in calculating a candidates' final exam score. At the end of the exam the overall score will be calculated and the candidate will be provided with a score report pinpointing areas of strength and weakness.

Exam scores are based on a point scaling system that is widely used in the industry. Your score can fall within a point scale of 300 to 1000 points. You are automatically awarded 300 points for beginning the test and can score up to 1000 points if you answer every question correctly on the exam. Please note that the specific number of points awarded to a given question varies on each exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back