Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA Lap and prep

Status
Not open for further replies.

teckyguy

Technical User
Mar 9, 2008
CA
Im looking to crate a home test center for the upcoming CCNA exam that i will be taking. Im looking really for the just the bare min that i could get away with in the way of routers/switches and still beable to do most of the labs that are required for the exam.

I have purcahased the ccna book that todd lammie published as well.. Also are there any Lap documentation that you can also recommend for this exam.

Thanks in advance.

One Cisco 2503, one Cisco 1720 with a WIC-1T, two Cisco 2620's, one with a WIC-1T, and three Catalyst 2950's (or Catalyst 2924's), 12 port models are okay. Also, two DB-60 DCE/DTE serial cables. Hook the 1720 and the 2620 with the WIC-1T both to the 2503, and configure the 2503 as a frame-relay switch. The other 2620 can be hooked to a switch, and the other 2620 and the 1720 can be hooked to the other two switches. Trunk the switches and configure vlans for the three routers, and maybe your computer and printer, and configure vtp. Configure the 1720 using SDM.

Burt

Have a look at Dynagen and GNS - If you can lay your hands on Cisco IOS then that will take care of all your router needs without spending a small fortune!

One thing to add---dynamips and gns3 only offer routers with switch modules---they do NOT offer Catalyst switches.

Burt

Hey thanks for the advice here guys. I will definally be checking out the site and will be purchasing some of those tools that i need to succeed on this exam.

Can you recommend any lap books that i may get a hold of?? I really do enjoy some of the sybex books so i could start there and see if they have anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back