Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA Lab Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk391

Technical User
Jun 13, 2007
GB
Hi, Im studing for my CCNA and have got to the point where I need to get my hands on some real kit. I have been offered the following- & anyone please give me some guidence on if this kit will be ideal or should I give it a miss.

2 x 2924-XL-EN Layer 2 Switch
2 x 2501 16/16 Router 12.3 IP Plus IOS (ethernet + dual serial)
1 x WIC-1T Serial interface for 2801 Router (I already have a 2801 router but no serial interface card)
2 x serial cables
3 x cat5 straight cables
3 x cat5 crossover cables
1 x console cable
4 x power cables
2 x training CDs
Delivery
60 day warranty

Wil this allow me to carry out all the test and labs for my CCNA? i.e Frame relay etc

Groucho256,

You did not say if you work for Cisco designing the CCNA exam :)

However, Cisco has made it clear what you need to know - from Cisco's blueprint for the 640-802 CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate Exam

Implement and verify WAN links

* Describe different methods for connecting to a WAN
* Configure and verify a basic WAN serial connection
* Configure and verify Frame Relay on Cisco routers
* Troubleshoot WAN implementation issues

Cisco may have never had Frame Relay on a CCNA sim so far - but it does not mean you do not need to know it and it does not mean that you may not see it on a lab in the future.

Cisco does not release current questions or future questions - they just give us a "blueprint" of what we need to know to pass the exam!!

The best way to UNDERSTAND something such as Frame Relay is to set it up on your lab and then do ALL the related "show" commands to understand troubleshooting it!

Just some thoughts!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back