Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA IN INDIA please HELP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruxelles

Technical User
Apr 26, 2005
DE
Hi,

Soon I will go in India (mumbai) for a training purpose, I prepare the CCNA, however I don't know which institution to choose, there are so many some look like professional, if any one of you guys or girls did made the same training please provide me some tips

Cheers

Mandrio,

I would definitely take your laptop with you, I had mine and it was really useful to have (although my training was MS rather than Cisco based). If you have anything on the CD's that should come with the book then you will want to be able to play them on the laptop whilst in the hotel. I also took my laptop with me most of the time in a ruck sack, I had no problems at all doing so.

As for the rates at the Pritam, sorry but I didn't actually stay there, I stayed at the Ramee and I can't stress enough for you not to stay there. I actually left India a couple of days sooner because of that hotel and it left a really bitter taste in my mouth (basically I was paying for my room every 2 - 3 weeks or so, the second to last time I paid I asked if I was in credit or not and was told I was 9000rupees in credit, the day I left I was told I was actually 8700 in debit at that time.. so I now owed them 18000 rupees... I wasn't happy. Infact I left within 2 hours (I actually bought another flight rather than stay in that hotel any more).

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Simon

Hello there,

I finally got Mumbai and Gates..
today I started my first CCNA lesson.
What to say.. by now, as Simon was writing, everything looks good to me. Very friendly people, felt really "Welcome on board" and the teacher easy to follow and available for any question or to repeat things.
8pm here at the moment and my lesson finished 2hrs ago, as you can see labs are open and available for who wants to stay more and study.. testing..
So if someone has doubts or questions.. ask ask ask.. :)

better go back with the Cisco 2600.. got loads of work to do here!

Monsoon situation is not to bad, I mean for the point of view that when you get out from the hotel you get in the school and the other way around (if i want to pass the exam the only thing to do is study study study), the part of the city were you will be going is more then fine.
Just hope is not gonna start rain again!

Simon thanks again for your tips, btw im staying in Pritam and as you said is more then enough confortable.

cheers!

Hallo,
I am michael ,I would like to go soonly to india for doing some certification training I mean (CCNA-CCNP-Comptia+-MSCE2003 and CWNA-ORACLE9iDBA)

I hae found on the internet the and the Gates
Looking at the price I found that the compufield gives the same training then the gates but with smaller prices.

could someone tell me about his experience there in the compufield or the Gates.

because I am really confused and can't just choose.
I leave at kinshasa DRC(entral africa).

Hi Mandrio,

How was the training at gates? did you like it?

Cheers

bruxelles

Hi Bruxelles,

the training was cool. At the end I spent almost 1 month there and I did CCNA and MCSE.
They are well organise and the teachers well prepared.
I could use the labs till night and basically I was there form 8am till 10-11pm everyday. There are loads of people working there that can help you out with doubts and give you tips.
And important thing is that really I felt very welcomed, is a completely different style of life and climate from Europe and since you go there to spend most of the time studing is not a easy target to be always concentrate, I think the really helped me out with that.

Did you go at the end for the course in August?
Any other question just let me know..

mandrio

PS Mikit2000 sorry for not reply before, anyway hope my post is not to late.

Hi Mandrino,

Thx for your answer,yes I have been, but the course was not what I was expected but I would like to return in order to do some others certification CCNP and WLANFE and I´m still thinking, however Gates look like a good option.

Cheers

bruxelles

Hi Bruxelles,
may I ask if you are living in brussels or is it a simple nickname, in the case that you do, it would be a great help to get some info from your first experience in india.
I'm actually also preparing for the ccna (going to pass the intro next tuesday), and I'm seriously planning to take some trainings by gates for ccnp and eventually ccsp (but consecutively). did you plan to go there the next months (as you said going back for the ccnp and WLANFE).
if this is the case we could maybe get/prepare together.

A warm chocolate at place St.Gery could be a good meeting point.

bye and thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back