Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA Exam prep 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siriusownsthenight

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2003
GB
I have been preparing for the CCNA 640-607 exam and i'm currently using the old 507 cert guide, Cisco's Intenetworking Technologies and Router Sim 3.1. I have also collected the odd article relating to access lists and routing protocols. I also have my hands on two 2500's for my test lab purposes. I have been preparing for the last three months and i'm now starting to see beyond the hayes of zeros and ones!!

Can someone please advise if there are any nasty elements that I should be prepared for??

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME INFO ON EXAM CRAMS: as I ned to understand this stuff and not just learn how to take exams.

The simulators? Can someone provide me with some detail on what to expect.

Any advise is prized above EXAM CRAMS!!!
"If you dont say what you mean, you can never mean what you say"

Hands on Experiance is invaluable.Know your rip and igrp. Know how to add the necessary networks to make the networks connect. Know your access-list and where to apply them best. Multiple Qs are pretty much stratight forward. If you know your stauuf, you will surely passs the exam easily.

Well, really the only way to know the stuff is to do it. But you can't buy experience at Walmart. Someone has to give it to you.

Chris

Well Experience is a precious element, you have two cisco routers to gain it. I recomend you to study hard on those points you may not be so clear yet, remember that the best tool you can use to beat the test is understanding. I see you have some concerns on access-list, I recomend you the book from O'reilly: Cisco IOS Access Lists. ISBN:1-56592-385-5.

The routing part is really easy. The most dificult part for the test is related to wan protocols and the tricky OSI layers. But again, experience and understanding rather than memorize is your best bet.

The 5500 Lover
CCNA, MCP

read very hard on subnetting l did the exam and two simulations touched on subnetting and three other questions
so practice alot on subneting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back