Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA - does it ask voice questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iolair

IS-IT--Management
Oct 28, 2002
US
I'm studying for the CCNA. The latest exam objectives I downloaded says, "Describe the impact of applications (Voice over IP and Video over IP) on a network. I see lots of NAT, Wireless, and Security topics in my books, but I don't have any VoIP in them. Will I need to know VoIP in order to pass?

Thanks.

Iolair MacWalter
Network Engineer

I think what they're asking is how those applications affect your network (more bandwidth usage, that type of thing.)

There is a CCNA Voice track that delves into VOIP.

The voice is a different exam 640-460 so don't read too much into that question.

Thanks. I was hoping I didn't have to learn VoIP - yet. I'm finding the security section very interesting, though. I might pursue the CCNA Security.

Iolair MacWalter
Network Engineer

If you need information for ccna you can download a very good test in in the link /descargas/manuals cisco/ccna. Here you can download 4 file and you can install the test. You have more that question with exercises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back