Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA Certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello,

I passed the CCNA 640-607 exam on April 8th and have not received the certificate in the mail yet. When I called the testing center, they told me to contact Prometric. When I called Prometric, they told me to go to I can't even sign up for the certification tracking system because for some odd reason, my Candidate ID, which is the same as my Social Security number, does not seem to be recognized by the tracking system. If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Did you keep a copy of your exam results printout, if so make photocopies until you get your materials (mine took almost 9 weeks before it showed up). If need be, contact cisco directly...

Fortunately, yes, I do have a copy of the test results. I may contact Cisco if I don't receive it by the end of next week. Would you happen to know how I could go about contacting them? I know it sounds stupid, but I have been unable to find any E-Mail address or telephone number on their web site.

Could you guys quit complaining about not recieving a piece of paper and tell us what's on the exam. I mean, where is the beef?

What to study and where to study from? Help please.

Ummm, I'm NOT going to tell you what's on the exam word for word, but i'll give you a few hints. The 640-607 exam is indeed harder than the old exam which I certified under. You will need to know OSI model, IOS commands, Bridging/Switching/Routing (RIP, IGRP, VLANs, STP, etc), you will need to know subnetting inside and out, differences between distance vector and link state protos,
Network Management/Design, and how to configure a router (since they have simulations now), etc. If you don't know all of this stuff already, I would recommend getting some books at the bookstore either from cisco press or sybex books, and study hard...

I took and passed the CCNA exam 19 April. I, too, have not received my certificate.

That candidate ID on the scoresheet will not work.

The email is buried on their site. Go to their Certifications Online support page and open up a support request detailing your situation. Make sure to include your candidate ID, Testing site ID, name, etc. They will mail you back the right User ID and password.

I got a response in two days with a user ID and password that worked.

Sigocpt

Ali Baba,

I used the Todd Lammle CCNA 640-507 book and the Boson CCNA practice tests. I also completed Semesters 1 and 2 of Cisco Academy. I highly suggest that you enroll in Cisco Academy and at least complete the first two semesters. The second one will ensure that you get some hands-on experience with the routers.

dogbert2, Sigocpt, wybnormal,

Thank you for your assistance.

Dear catharsis,

In clickx.com, it talks about 70% of the questions are asking commands. Is it the case for Cisco exam 640-607, new CCNA?

How would you suggest me to study 640-607?

CCNA new candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back