Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA and Enployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosaic2k2

Technical User
Apr 29, 2002
US
What type of entry level job should I apply for after completing the CCNA cert? Ed A+, Network+

Looking at your other certs (A+ and Net+)and then coupling that with the CCNA, I would say try applying for an entry level in the help desk arena. Once you get your foot in the door there, you can make friends with the network shop and let them know that you are eager and available to assist/help/tag-along. And if they have any free-time that matches yours, you would love to sit down and learn from them. (You gotta boost thier ego's a bit...) But in the help desk area, you will get exposed to multiple sides of networking. It has been my experience in looking at job searches, you will find that alot of companies are looking for a jack-of-all-trades instead of someone who is specialized in 1 field.

I am going to assume because you are looking for an entry level position that you have no prior experience in the networking field. Just to forwarn you (as I am sure this is something you are aware of), that the job market is not the greatest right now and it is going to take time to find a job. Especially if you have no friends or leads who are currently in the field and in a position to hire. An article posted in a NJ newspaper stated it is taking an average of 9 months for someone in the IT field to find a job.

But never give up. If this is something you truly want to do, your enthusiasm and eagerness to work will come across in the interview. Good luck.
Tara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back