Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA Access-List help please 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2007
US
I have a rather simple question but I know I blew it on the exam so I am looking to my peers for CLI as to how they would approach this.

You have a subnet with 5 hosts 192.168.1. 1,2,3,4,5

This is connected to a router which is connected to a web server 172.64.18.254 on a different network.
Also the connections are NOT listed as to which is conected to which the router, ie S0/0, FA0/1 etc...I know, I was taken back a bit by this too.

You need to allow host 192.168.1.3 access to this web server but not anyone else in the network. Other users from other networks will need to access this webserver. This must be done in no more than 3 lines.

Any ideas?

How are the routers connected? Point to point? The point to point network would be one network...please give a better description of the diagram...something like this...

pc----R1fa0/0----R1s0/0-----------R2s0/0------R2fa0/0----pc

If you only have access to R1, then do a sh run to see if there are static routes/RIP statements or something. Should not be that complicated for a CCNA question, so a bunch of show commands should not be necessary. I think you're just missing something...

Burt

Rtr1------Rtr2(local)---Swi---H5 .5
| \--H4 .4
| \--H3 .3
| \--H2 .2
|- - - (console) - - - - \--H1 .1

You have a subnet with 5 hosts: .1, .2, .3, .4, .5

This is connected to a router which is connected to
another router on a different network.
NO connections are listed.
You are given a console connection to Router1 (2 hops away).

You need to allow host .3 access to this web server but not anyone else in the network. Other users from other networks will need to access this webserver. This must be done in no more than 3 lines.

I know how to create & apply ACLs,
but how do I get to the local Router (Rtr2)
in order to apply it to its ethernet interface?

(what the @#$%, i know, thats what i said)

it didn't write out they way i wanted it but
all the hosts (H), are connected to the Switch,
and Host1 is consoled to Router1 but I need to
make/place the access-lists on R2(ethernet port),
because thats the closest to the source.

I just need the subnet address of the hosts,
which means I need the ip address of R2 thernet port.

(please dont get annoyed, you simply are the only
one that seems to have a vauge idea of this question)
thanks again

What show commands can you do?
show conn all
show whoami
Can you do those? Otherwise, a sh run or sh int should give you the IP address of the serial port connected to R2, and it is probably a /30 (point to point), so it should be a no-brainer as to how to telnet into R2. Once you telnet into R2, do a sh int and you can see what the IP address of the ethernet interface connected to the switch is...there are your first 3 octets.

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back