Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA 607: One confused soul 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshtray

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2002
US
Hi All!

I am planning to go for my CCNA exam soon (dont know how soon). I have just started studying for it and have a grasp for most concepts. I have a computer engg. backgroud which has helped me a bit but I need some help regarding this issue:

I usually end up spending way to much and use too little. I have books for MCSE and A+ which I have never even used. I have decided to go for CCNA but need to know if there are 1 or 2 books I can buy (I already have 1), read and study thoroughly which will guarantee (ummm .. or even greatly enhance) my chances of passing. If there are any sites which have stuff on this other than tek-tips.com itself which can help me. I pretty much need direction in what way to approach the studying. Any guidance will be greatly apprecaiated.

akshtray

p.s: I am currently using the book:
Introduction to Cisco Router Configuration
Edited by Laura Chappell

I'm in Vegas, and if I go to a VUE center to test, I can
usually get a exam the same day. Plunk down my $125 and
within 30 minutes, i'm taking the exam I need to take
(no fuss, scheduling, etc). Nice of VUE to be so flexible
for testing :)

Sometimes the planets line up and a bunch of people make a run on test centers. But I would say your chances are better than 90%. The best thing to do is set up an account with your test vendor. Almost all of them have online calendars that allow you to look at availability.

Hi,

I bought only one book and a network simulation program. The simulation program was fairly expensive ($240) but was worth it. I have been ceritified since Mar '01 and have used it several times since to stay fresh. I must admit this was a tough test for me because it is adaptive. If you start getting hammered in one area, you know that you are making incorrect answers. Be sure to rule out answers one at a time and very carefully read the question. I spent 3.5 months preparing for it where all I did was work and study every single day including weekends. I wish you the best.

Have you taken a look at Certification Zone at the following link:

They offer a special for CCNA candidates with study guides, study questions, lab scenario's and practice exam's. The site has good updated information and is easy to use. It might be worth your time to take a look. They also have a guarantee that you'll pass the exam or you get your money back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back