Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCMS will not grab ELAN #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

paizon

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2010
US
thread959-1572543

Can anyone help me to fix the ELAN assignment. I took down CCMS and CP, brought up CCMS 6.0 first and after all the services were up, I brought up CP 5.0, but nothing changed. I reviewed forum: but there was no final resolution.

>ld 48

LNK000
.stat elan

SERVER TASK: ENABLED
ELAN #: 016 DES: CCMS_SERVER
APPL_IP_ID: 172 .28 .29 .4 LYR7: ACTIVE EMPTY APPL ACTIVE
ELAN #: 017 DES: CALL_PILOT
APPL_IP_ID: 172 .28 .29 .3 LYR7: ACTIVE EMPTY APPL ACTIVE

****.3 is actually Symposium and CP is is .4****

You didn't mention whether you performed a sysload on the PBX. But that is rather drastic - do you have an overriding need to have CCMS on ELAN 16?

I was trying my best to avoid a sysload, unless I knew for certain that it would work. Honestly I don't know if this IP arrangement is or will cause complications. The customer wants it done, mostly for comfort I suppose.

Yes, it is a bit drastic just for "comfort" reasons. If you do, just make sure that neither CallPilot nor CCMS are connected, then connect CCMS after the sysload first and let it grab its connection before connecting CallPilot. Better just to leave it as it is, IMO.

I agree Sandyml, i'm not gonna fix whats not broke. I'll just leave it alone and remember to take care of it when th time comes for a sysload, such as the upgrade coming up in February, thanks for your help!!!

I would revist the WHY....There is no need to have CCMS on ANY particular ELAN.

@mte0910: Actually you need CC on ELAN16 and CP on ELAN17 if you are using CC/CP integration.

If CP is on 16 and CC on 17. 9 out of 10 times integration will not work.

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

@one234: I beg to differ. I have many sites where that is not the case. Many times we started with our CC on 16 and CP on 17, then the next CC went to 18, or it was just a matter of adding the CC long after the CP. I have never been "bitten" by this. That said, the old saying "If it's stupid and it works, then it aint stupid." still applys. If you have had issues with the ELAN's being in a certain order, then I would ensure you build them in that order, I just never have had this issue in any of my sites or installs.

Depends on how bad you want to change the ELAN connections... :) Here is a process that I have used to get those on the right ELAN without a sysload.

- shut down CallPilot and the CCMS/SCCS server
- in LD 48 DACR ALL 16 <CR> DACR ALL 17 <CR>
- boot up CCMS/SCCS
- wait until ELAN 16 is enabled
- boot up CallPilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back