Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCMS Installation help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sturts

IS-IT--Management
Mar 13, 2009
US
I'm trying to install CCMS for the first time... CCMS has been running our call center for years but it recently crashed and the person that configured it originally is no longer with the company...

I've went through the OS preconfig guide... The current HDD configuration is:

C: 16GB
D: 16GB
E: DVD Rom
F: 26GB
G: 26GB
H: 26GB
I: 26GB

The OS is Windows 2003 standard server with SP1 installed.
IIS is configured by the preconfig guide and seems to be good.

I tried to install CCMS today and sybase errored but the error message said nortel recommends Ignoring the error. I ignored the error and continued the install but it didn't work....

So.... I got frustrated and now I'm starting from scratch. I just re-partitioned the drives and am in the process of installing windows.

Any help or tips will be much appreciated.... I'm trying to go by the guides but they're really long and redundant...

Thanks in advance!!

Continue to go by the guides. Although long and redundant, it's important to watch each step. If you try any "shortcuts", they will burn you quick.

Make sure your C: and D: drives are at the recommended size. A larger C: drive seems to mess up the whole installation, as if the application says "Argh!! I have TOO MUCH ROOM!!

Thanks,

So far today it seems to be working correctly.. I methodically went though the guide... Hopefully this works.. If it works I'll put up a little FAQ so other people don't have to go through the trouble (and 2440 pages)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back