Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCMS/CCMA 6.0 UPGRADE TO AACC6.2 - SCHEDULED ASSIGNMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tootssavain

Technical User
Apr 3, 2012
CA
Has anyone recently upgraded from CCMS/CCMA 6.0 and had issues such as

User profiles - partition information seems to have disappeared and access users used to have is gone???

Scheduled assignments - Assignments that used to work now dont, and seemingly because they are too large now we are being told, but according to NTP the
maximum size specs are same in either version but now its a problem ???

Reports - Crystal reports are coming up blank

Reports - Scheduled or manual, come out with information in different cells, so therefore when using macros , well thats not a good thing!!!

RTD - Real time displays sometimes fail to update???

If anyone has had a recent experience with this type of upgrade and has anything they could share that would be great

Thanks and have a great day

Tracy

We have done upgrade recently for SECC 4.2&SCCS 5.0 -> CC 6 -> AACC 6.2 .It was smooth process.
Btw,have you applied all the latest patches? What is the patch on this installation ?

Yes we have the latest patches, we have 5 or 6 tickets open with Avaya now, some have made it to design. Do you have users that use Excel spreadsheets with macros?? Did you not have issues with partitions and people losing access????

I have recently done several upgrades from NES 6.0 to AACC 6.2 SP5. We had various problems with each one, but nothing like you are describing. The CCMA migration and upgrade was the easiest part. I don't know of any issue there.

Our issues were with the CCMS migration. Depending on what you are reporting on, your crystal reports may be coming up blank because of not being able to match IDs. The canned reports worked fine on the same stats. The query statements were straight out of the NTP and didn't work. We had that issue and Avaya had to fix them in the database.

Your CCMA was backed up, restored properly on the new server, and then upgraded? From your post, it sounds like it was. That should have restored your users, partitions, and access information.

What migration tool was used for the CCMS?

I had the missing user profile issue but I did the following and it did the trick...

1. Installed CCMA and SP5 (1009)
2. then RU1 (1015)
3. RP2 (1115)
4. RP3 (1140)
5. RP3 (1217)
6. RP3 (1130)
7. installed the ntbackup utility for Windows 2008 R2 ( Windows6.1-KB974674)
8. Restored the CCMA 6.0 backup to AACC CCMA
9. Used the CCMA system Upgrade Utility to upgrade the database to AACC.

This time all the partition info is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back