Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCMS ASE Driver Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim257

MIS
Jan 10, 2011
GB
So you've previously been able to connect to the Symposium database from another machine?

Also have you ever installed these drivers before? Because installing the drivers is a tricky business.

Cheers,

Jim.

Yes, this used to work with the original drivers.
The new drivers are installed and the ODBC test connection works, but can't connect to query db?

Paul

What error message do you get? I remember last time I did this that I could connect but wasn't able to query the DB.

I read the below post about 1,000 times before I finally managed to connect to the DB.

Also I hate to start at the beginning, but you're querying the Blue database correct?

Cheers,

Jim.

Yes, connecting to the Blue database. I am using Excel but have tried Access with the same error message --
Stored procedure 'sp_odbc_tables' not found.

Also with version 15.5 of the odbc drivers there doesn't appear to be anywhere to reference the Interfaces File as with older version of the driver?

Thanks.
Paul

I'd say it is very worth you reading through this post:

This might also help:

Obviously don't run\install anything unless you're certain it will resolve your issue.

Also have you tried connecting with an SQL Query tool, such as Database Browser?

Cheers,

Jim.

Thanks Jim.
The Database Browser does not work. It shows as connected but with an error?
The post is useful, however I am in similar position and can not install any new stored procedures onto the DB server?
Looks like this is a brick wall now!!

Thanks .
Paul

Yep, it's unfortunate. Could you perhaps get in touch with the vendor of your Symposium database and see if they know anything about it?

It does look like the only way to get this running is to install the updated stored procedures or go back to using the old drivers.

Cheers,

Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back