Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCMail NT route question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjdabomb

IS-IT--Management
Nov 11, 2002
US
CCMail NT Router version 8.30.

Hib and spoke arrangement, Router freezes on "Sending message" to two end points configured as "non-urgent" message transfer in call list. If "normal" is used, same situation. If "urgent" is used, messages will transfer but not "non-urgent" mail from other end-points, only from the hub.

Seems as if an ADE update or message is fouling up the works. Is there a way to clear the end-point queue of changes to be made to flush out the non-urgent message causing the problem? Any other suggestions?

thanks

Can you explain what you mean by end-points? Do you mean post-offices, routers or something else? Does this happen to all POs, or just the superior and one subordinate?
Have you tried a later version of router e.g. v8.51? Could even try going back to a v6 router to see if the same thing happens. Are ADE messages applying okay to the subordinates? ADE problems s don't normally cause message routing failures, but it has been known. Take it you've run analyze/reclaim on PO and ccrstr as necessary?

You can always use the mail client to login to the post-office queue for each PO... i.e. fire up the mail client, use login name of HUB_PO, PO password and PO path of the subordinate PO. Once there, check out the Inbox for failed messages (could try deleting/moving the top one to see if that is causing the hold-up). Repeat process on HUB PO for the subordinate.

Good luck,
Cheers
Ade

I've experienced this in the past also. What I have done is to advance the date on the router and then run Message Manager and delete messages older than X days from the bulletin board "##Directory Updates" to clean them out.

Frank Hardwick
frank@tribune.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back