Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCM4, need help with CAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

keat63

Technical User
Nov 12, 2010
GB
Guys, please bear with me, as my CCM knowledge is very limited.
I inherited a CCM4 a few years ago with a business relocation, everything i know is self taught.

I've been asked if it's possible to collect inbound call stats from a small hunt group to determine who is answering the majority of inbound calls.

From what I can gather CDR may do this, and it seems that CDR is already installed and generating some sort of basic reports, as i stumbled upon them when digging around ?

So i think i need to create my own report based on "summary by extension", but i've no ideas where this is.

The instruction i found mention "Cisco unified serviceability > tools > CDR analysis and reporting"
but i only have shotcuts to "realtime error reporting"

The next instruction i have mentions "but i don't know the location of car.

could anyone help and point me in the right direction

For additional background info (if it helps) there are no external computers connected to this setup, just publisher and subscriber, so i'm trying to do this on the publisher.

Not going to fully help since I haven't touched CM 4. But CDR is just a bunch of raw data essentially. You need 3rd party software to make it look nice.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

To be fair, generating the report would be a start :)

That's the same thing I read, but it doesn't really help.
It looks like reporting was installed by the previous owners and appears to be running.
It's finding the user gui that I'm struggling with.

The cucm 4X version was running on a windows 2000 server platform.
if it is installed, you should be able to find it on the server that the call manager publisher is running on.
If it is not you can install it by getting the plug in from the call manager admin web pages, under plug ins.
Unfortunately I am working from memory as this is an obsolete system for close to 8yrs now. Been a long time since I worked on one and don't have access to one to get you better instructions.

I tried to install the plugin yesterday evening, and nothing seemed to happen. However, i've tried again this morning, only this time, saving the file rather than trying to open it from it's current location, and it's installed something, however, i've still no additional icons, so i'm struggling.

If I enter CallManager Servicability, under the tools drop down I have CDR Analysis and Reporting.

If i open this, i'm prompted to login.

Once logged in, there's nothing that I can do in there other than create users.

I've no real interest in creating additional users, so i'm happy to run with the defaults.

I'm guessing that what i did was a waste of time, as I had the interface all along, it just had no drop downs.
I was logging in as admin, which appears to have no rights.
I created a new user, gave him access rights and now the inteface has drop downs, where i can access tools.

Just need to figure out how I generate a report now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back