Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCM Voice Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

g6udx

Technical User
Oct 15, 2002
GB
Can anyone give general advice on the application of voice recoding in a CCM environment. With our old (traditional) PBXs it was easy to correlate a call to an extension at a specific time.

Any ideas?

There are a few ways of doing it, you could get a NICE recorder, to do it at the ISDN/T1 level, or you could put some network analysis gear in to record it at the IP Packet level..

BuckWeet

This is the coolest application ever.

It works like this:
You install the appliance it integrates with CCM and is approved by Cisco!
You select the phones that can record conversations and go through a few configuration items.
Here is where it gets KEWEL, since your conversation is a data packet, it can be cached. The Corvero Server caches the calls of the recordable phones, and even if you are 10 minutes into a conversation you can record the call from the begining. AS LONG AS YOU PRESS THE RECORD BUTTON BEFORE ONE OF THE CALLERS HANG UP.

Check it out

CCM 4.0 has IPCC EXPRESS and I hear it has a single call recording capability but I can't confirm it and I have never used it, that is totally hearsay.

Corevero is the real deal!

Mspivey
CCNP

Have you been to ?
The OFFICIAL Cisco IP Telephony User Group!

"convergence isn't coming...... it is here." mspivey 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back