Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCM Installation woes! 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkagent

IS-IT--Management
Oct 14, 2005
US
Guys,

I have installed CCM 4.01 on to my IBM x305 server, I am running windows 2000 server.

I followed the previous instructions on how to install on a generic pc.

The problem I have is when i try to bring up the

CallManager Administration page

Site: (Server Name)
Realm: (Server Name)
Username: (i use Administrator)
Password: (password used in install)

after that is entered i get

HTTP 500 Internal Serverf error

I also noticed when the unit is rebooted, I get a error in event log regarding CDP not being started.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

From my understanding. the service releases are inclusive of prior SR's so SR8 includes SR6.

I installed the CCM as per the given procedure but I could not get the CCM page.When I try to run the CCM service from services I get a message that cisco call manager service can not be started on this local computer.Now when I try to reinstall the CCM I can not get the option to remove the already installed one.In add remove program I can see the CCM soft but with no option to remove it.I tried my best and use the given procedure in much detail but it did not work.Any help will be highly appreciated.It is urgent.

SAM

My method of installation is posted above. I have done this several times with CCM 4.0. I haven't tried lately with CCM 4.1.3.

Hello Folks
I have done instal CCM 4.1.3 succesfull following posted it
Greetings

hello.........

quete cud u plz post the steps that u took for the installation and is ur CCM running stable? my problem is that i cannot start the services of CCM it crashes when i try to do this and also the default website of IIS is always stopped we have to manually start it to get the page of CCM in IE.

Darkangel i have used win-os-upgrade-k9.2000-2-7.exe and then its SR 8..... i was having an immage of CCM 4.0 on VMWARE it already had win-os-upgrade-k9.2000-2-6 installed on it and when i installed these two files on that then i installed CCM 4.1.3 its working stable but on a standalone machine i dont have a win-os-upgrade-k9.2000-2-6.exe so is it because of this that my CCM is not stable......

please help.........

Hi all
I am trying to install a CCM4.1(3) on a PC. I did all the steps to upgrade the OS by using Win-OS-upgrade-K9-2000-2-7. I donthave any 2.7srX disk(download from cisco ?). After that I cant find the shutdown.exe file anywhere. For that matter there is no c:\program files\cisco directory.

Do I have to have a 2000-2-7srX file to finish the installation?

Please help

Kevin

HI Guys

Forget all the procedures above

I follow the procedure in this link and work perfectly CCM 4.1(3) in a M52 P4 3 GHz IBM PC and is very stable actually right now is performs exactly as original MSC server serving 74 extension whit CRA installed in the same PC

Enjoy

@voipnovice:

That doesn't work for me.

When I try : c:\fdimage.exe k:\bootimg.bin a:
I always get the message : k:\bootimage.bin - No such file or directory

Can you please assist me or provide the bootimage? It would be so great.

My CallManager Hardware Detect CD-ROM is from version 2000.2.7 I don’t know if other versions work in the same way

Explore your cd for the bootimage.bin file in you cd room if is not there then is no chance for make this conversion.

Hi All and I wondering if you could help me out here too on installing CCM 4.1.2
I'm trying to install CCM but only getting as far is the Win OS upgrade, I was going to carry out the FDIMAGE.EXE which is located here but that requires you to have a Raid

Here are the steps I have taken so far

1: installed windows 2k advanced server with SNMP management installed
2: installed service pack 3 along with IE 6sp1
3: merged the hwcheck and oscheck into the registry which looks like this: -

hwcheck =
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\Model]
"Hardware"="MCS7835"
"Memory"="1024"
"Speed"="733"

oscheck.reg=
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Spirian\System Info\OS Image]
"Version"="2000.2.6"

3: I then run win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6.exe (not sure why but mine is not called a.win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6.exe as describeb in above posts)
it tells me that there are 3 phases and will need to reboot, after phase 1 completes my PC reboots and I log on with the same details as I did before to get into the server but the upgrade does not continue
Can any body help me out here please

Regards

Martyn

I have looked at the above posts a few times now and I still can not get it to run on my system, firstly the files win-OS-upgrade 2.7. and win-OS-upgrade 2.7sr7 are no longer on CCO and have been replaced by win-OS-upgrade 2000-4-3a.exe, this is what I get when I try to install

This upgrade can not be run on this server; the minimum OS version that supports this upgrade is 2000.2.7, 2000.2.41 or 2000.2.41a or 2000.4.2, please upgrade to one of those versions and try again

I have changes the registry to Version”=”2000.2.5, also 2000.2.7 along with the above recommendation

Does anybody know how to install version or have links to copies of the 2.7 OS versions

Martyn

Is there any way to get win-OS-upgrade 2.7 and win-OS-upgrade 2.7sr7 other than cisco?

TO PINGFX.

I was able to download win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6.exe
from CISCO website today... and also win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-7.exe

I'm going to try to install CCM nowe using 2.6.

Im sorry to see so many people still having problems even after reading my walkthrough. I should have mentioned that I installed it in VMWare and not directly onto a machine. The host OS was Windows XP.

My walkthrough should work for non MCS (non generic) platforms.....

I tried the other method mentioned using the floppy disc trick, but i could never get that to work, however it has worked for some people.

Regards

Martin

Is CCM the first application you have loaded on this server? installing other applications before the CCM does cause issues, especially virus scan or CSA

Hello everyone.....

Im having an error when installing CCM 3.3 and CCM 4.1... I can't correct this problem...

I have installed Win2k Server + SP4
Ensured DHCP and TFTP services configured
Confirmed SNMP service is running
Run the two Reg Patches
And i tried to installed Call Manager 3.3 (and also i tried CCM 4.1), this stated to installed as expected

I am prompted to make it a Publisher , everything looks good and it say's installing CallManager, and it continues more than 90% insatallation but at the final moment I got an Error Message

"Failure occured trying to determine if Cisco Directory install succeeded. Aborting Cisco CallManager install."

Press OK

System Rolls Back - then offers me the Click FINISH to exit the CCM Wizard

I am then give the following error

" msiexec.exe: Error: 1603: Fatal error during installation "

When I look in Start > Programs I can see DC Directory Administration , DC Directory Server and Microsoft SQL Server and DC Directory Administrator

I tried to install CCM 4.1 also, then the same error occured...
Can anyone plz give me any good ideas to figure this out....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back