Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCM Installation woes! 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkagent

IS-IT--Management
Oct 14, 2005
US
Guys,

I have installed CCM 4.01 on to my IBM x305 server, I am running windows 2000 server.

I followed the previous instructions on how to install on a generic pc.

The problem I have is when i try to bring up the

CallManager Administration page

Site: (Server Name)
Realm: (Server Name)
Username: (i use Administrator)
Password: (password used in install)

after that is entered i get

HTTP 500 Internal Serverf error

I also noticed when the unit is rebooted, I get a error in event log regarding CDP not being started.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Knoorda,

You just have to change the host file.

Do a search for host and edit to have two entries

127.0.0.1 localhost
x.x.x.x "name of unit"

x.x.x.x is the static ip assigned to the CCM
note:default name for CCM is CCM-01 its best to set it to this name.

Make sure you follow that M$ procedure too.

Good luck.

drkagent,

Can I bribe you with money?

I did the host update:
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.1.3 ccm-827c687039d

then added the lmhost:
# end of this file.
# 192.168.1.3 ccm-827c687039d

still nothing. When you say be sure to do the m$, do I do all the steps on that page you posted or only the permissions part.

I am a router guy, not a server guy. I appreciate your help and if you solve my problem, I am happy to send a thank you.

knoorda/drkagent:

Hopefully you can help me! I have done all the steps up to step 9, but my CCM still won't start. Can you explain in details please what you did or what needs to be done at step #9 (hosts and lmhosts) and also step 10 (m$ tutorial). I've been looking around, and I can't find that m$ tutorial.

I would really appreciate your feedback.

Just one extra point, if you are adding a subscriber, make sure the hosts and lmhosts have entries for both the publisher and the subscriber.

I am not sure what you are paying for the systems you are using for CCM, but I paid under $700 for an IBM eSeries x306 and I used the original Cisco CDs/DVDs for CCM 4.02a and the standard downloaded updates from CCO and have never had any problems. You still have to update the hosts an lmhosts files for simple things like plug-in installions. I am running 5 CCM clusters this way.

bb

4.Merge HWCHECK.reg into the registry
5.Merge OSCHECK.reg into the registry

these two steps I don't get... I'm a router jockey.... do I import these into the registry? Or find the tool referenced by Microsoft for Merging?

Have the parts your referenced in notepad and waiting.

Save them with the .reg filenames then double-click them in Windows Explorer. You will be asked if you want to import them into the Registry.

In case there is anyone else interested, here are the steps I followed in order to install CCM 4.1.2:

1. Install Win2K Server (from a slipstreamed SP4 CD)
2. - install latest patches plus IE6 SP1.
3. Download a JVM. Since the Microsoft VM is no longer supported, I downloaded the one from sun (java.sun.com)
4. Do the registry hack.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\Model]
“Hardware”=”MCS7835”
“Memory”=”1024”
“Speed”=”733”
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Spirian\System Info\OS Image]
“Version”=”2000.2.5”
(I got a message saying that I do not meet the minimum requirements when first trying to install - solved it by changing the "version" key to "2000.2.6")
5. Install win-OS-upgrade 2.7. Computer will reboot 3 times
6. Install win-OS-upgrade 2.7sr7. Another reboot.
7. Copy the "shutdown.exe" file from c:\programm files\cisco\updates\2000.2.7sr7 to c:\utils
8. Insert CCM disk 1, and start the installation. It will ask for disk 2, and then disk 1 again. It will also reboot the computer once or twice.
9. Give everyone read access to the \winnt\registration folder. Make sure that IIS is running
10. Click on the "service administration" link.
11. (seems to be optional?) Modify the hosts and lmhosts files.

12. Enjoy! :)

Why oh Why do I keep getting permissions problems??

No matter what way, or what version of callmanager I install, i get the same issues with not being able to see DCD or be able to use the directories or services buttons without being asked for authorisation.

I can make calls and all that, but I cant use CCM to its full potential.

When i change the anonymous access account to CCMUser, I can use the directories and services buttons again, but I am unable to use the DCD as Corporate Directory...

Any ideas?

After following the instructions in this thread, I was able to install CCM 4.0(1)on a laptop computer for use in one of our lab environments. But I get an error when trying to install BARS. It does not give me a specific error message, it just tells me to check the log file. Is there a specific procedure that needs to be followed for installing BARS (as is the case for CCM?) if anyone has any info about that, please let me know.
Thanks.

rcalhoun31

From a previous post:

BARS Installation Problem
Look at the security eventlog for an error regarding rights to logon. The problem is that the installer is trying te logon with the IUSR_guest or IWAM????? This user has no rights to do that. To quickley solve the problem make the user a member of the administrators group or give the user more rights (in local security policy). Re-install BARS again. Then it should work.

ok problem solved.

Installed MS JVM before installing CCM 4.0(2) and it works perfectly.

Will post up a walkthrough

This is an adaptation of a guide I found, but it was out of date, so i have amended it exactly what I have used...

The base machine I am using is an..

AMD 2000+ XP
512MB RAM
2 x NIC
2 x IDE HDD (1 x 120GB and 1 x 80GB)

Startup VMWare and make a Windows 2000 Server machine. I used 256MB RAM, 2 SCSI drives (both 10 gig), a floppy drive and a CD ROM drive.

I then made a floppy disc image using winimage with drivers for an LSI Logic SCSI controller (even though i do not physically have a SCSI controller) using drivers for the LSI20320-R SCSI adapter. Your alternative for this is to put them on a real floppy disc and use that, but I dont have a floppy disc drive in this PC anymore.

Boot the machine and boot from your Windows 2000 Server Disc. When prompted to press F6 to install a 3rd party RAID driver, do so and install the SCSI controller from the Disc. The one you want to choose is the bottom one in the list (something something U320). Install Windows 2000 Server as you would normally and when prompted to select which options to install, select the following (If an option isn't listed, make sure it is unchecked):

Accessories and Utilities
Accessories
Clipboard Viewer
Paint
Wordpad
Communications
Hyperterminal
Multimedia
CD Player
Sound Recorder
Volume Control

Internet Information Services
Common Files
Internet Information Services Snap-In
World Wide Web Server

Internet Information Services
Common Files
Internet Information Services Snap-In
World Wide Web Server

Management and Monitoring Tools
Network Monitor Tools
Simple Network Management Protocol

Network Services (These three are optional, but DHCP is necessary for your phones if you are not running a separate DHCP server)

Domain Name System (DNS)
Dynamic Host configuration Protocol (DHCP)
Windows Internet Name Service (WINS)

Terminal Services
Client Creator Files
Enable Terminal Services

Remember to select Remote Administration mode for Terminal services when prompted during the installation.

After the server completes the final reboot, login and perform a search on Google or another search engine for the file MSJAVX86.EXE. This is the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine. It is required for the DC Directory installation phase. If you fail to install it now, you won't find out until 40 minutes into the actual Cisco Call Manager installation that DC Directory cannot extend it's schema. This file is no longer supplied, maintained or available from Microsoft directly.

Add the following keys and values to the Windows registry via RegEdit or RegEdt32:

Registry Key
Setting
Type
Value

HKLM\Software\Cisco Systems\Model
Hardware
REG_SZ
MCS7835

Memory
REG_SZ

Speed
REG_SZ

HKLM\Software\Spirian\System Info\OS Image
Version
REG_SZ

Reconfigure the CD-ROM drive as drive E:

Partition and format the second SCSI drive as drive D:

Run the Cisco OS 2.6 Upgrade and reboot the server when requested - you should see 2 phases during the Express Install

Once the installation has completed and the server has been rebooted, rerun the Cisco OS 2.6 Upgrade. This time you will see 3 phases. If you fail to run this upgrade twice, the Cisco Call Manager installation may complete successfully, but services and additional installation options (i.e., BAT, CAR, etc.) will not run correctly.

Open System Properties (right-click My computer, then properties or System in Control Panel) and select the Network Properties tab. Click the Properties button and then the More button. Enter the DNS domain name for the server. Click on OK a few times and reboot the server when requested.

If you are installing WINS, DNS or DHCP, configure these services.

You will need to configure a scope for the phones with the added TFTP Server option. Activate the scope when you are ready. This is completely seperate from CCM so you can start the DHCP whenever you are ready.

Make sure you have given your server a static IP address by this point. You will also want to rename your D drive from local disk to STI_DATA. Also be sure you have installed Microsoft Java Virtual Machine as described above or the installation of call manager will not work properly.

Run the Cisco Call Manager installation from the first CD and follow the normal Cisco Call Manager installation procedures.

After the Cisco Call Manager reboots the server, you should have a functioning Cisco Call Manager server (nearly).

Start the callmanager service and TFTP service. Log into CCM and go to enterprise parameters. Wherever you see the DNS name of your server in the parameters, change it to the IP address.

Using that exact method above I have managed to install a fully functioning Callmanager 4.0(2)

NOTE: If you installed Cisco Call Manager 4.01, also install the Cisco Call Manager 4.02a Update, as well as the Cisco Call Manager 4.02a SR1 Update. The SR1 update resolves a number of issues, including a problem that affects running TAPS and the Auto Attendant on the Cisco Call Manager server if you decide to use those options. TAPS in 4.02a without the patch fails to upload the TAPS.aef script into the repository if you install Extended Services 3.5(1) or 3.5(2).

Hope this is a help to other people

I have installed CCM 4.1.3 twice now and I can not get the CCMuser page to come up correctly. It looks like the COM+ packages did not install correctly. CallManager is up and running. I can register phones on it, user the CCadmin page, etc. But the CCMuser page is broken. I get the 401.1 error invaild user, so I reset the ISR user in IIS, and still nothing. I tried the NT account, nothing... all I can figure out is the com+ is broken.

Is there anything that has to be done to to get the CCMuser pages to install or come up correctly? Did I not activate something?

cheers

Hi guys,

Has anyone managed to install the CCM on Windows 2003 Server?

I have CCM 3.3(3) and Windows 2003 server on a generic PC.

I did the registry hacks then started to install CCM but it says I need Windows 2000 with SP3...

Any ideas please.

I tried to install CCM 4.1 On windows 2003 but I never succeed install it, so I Installed a windows 2000 server. If you have strong PC, you can use the VMware solution... I installed for testing CCM 4.1 on VMWare (2000 server) and it work.

VMWare Host Configuration :
AMD 2800+
RAM 512Mo

VMWare Virtual 2000 :
AMD 2800+
RAM 256Mo

I make long time to boot but went it on it's ok ;-)

Anybody have a clue for my problem:

- On VMware server
- Installed Windows 2000 server standard
- Put the service pack 3
- installed the VM machine MSJAVX86.EXE
- Done the registry hack as specified
- Start the OS2000.2.6
- The first phase on two finished normally
- Computer reboot, I relog in admin
- Nothing never happened from there.

Guys Please help me installing CCM 4.0 on IBM T43(Laptop) with 1.5Gig RAM in it. I have tried several times but failed. Here are my problems/question:
I was able to find "win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6.exe" but not "win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6sr6.exe" on Cisco website.
Now Can I use "win-OS-upgrade 2.7.exe" and "win-OS-upgrade 2.7sr8" instead. I did but failed again.
I get stuck with some error while installing disk2 and it says reinstall. I reinstalls the Call manager n it goes through. But after when it reboots all the services are in disable mode and I cannot enable them.
I am curious if anyone of you can give the exact patches for installing CCM4.0 because i think i m doing the right procedure but patches are not right.
Thanks.
VK

Guys,
Was someone able to install CCM 5.0 on generic PC. There is now Linux there.

Thanks

i m new on this forum...... i m trying very hard to install CCM 4.1.3 on a PC and im getting problem of Stability....... i m installing sr 7 and then 8 and then the CCM on win 2000 ...... i think i should now include
sr-6 first...... can anyone please provide me with the
Win-OS-upgrade-k9-2000-2.6 please if anyone has it please paste the link for it...... i will be really gratefull....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back