Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCM 5.1 Hunt Group display text

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ6

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2002
GB
Is it possible to assign Text to a Hunt Group DN so whenever it is dialled the text displays on the IP phones. The Users need to be able to distinguish whether an incoming call is direct to their DN or a Hunt Group call.

How would you accomplish this for the Cisco IP Phone 794x series?

You can poss. use a CTI RP with a name against it?

As a newbie admin, is there a thread to describe how to do that?

Thanks in advance!

Just go under the line config and on Alerting Name and Display (Internal Caller ID) put the text you wish

Hope this helps.

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

I see where that would work for the individual's DN but I don't see any setting available for the Hunt Group DN Alerting Name or Display.

Thank you in advance.

I find what ever the alert name in the very first extension in the first line group is displayed. I used an empty extension and assigned it the name I wanted the pilot to display and then put it at the top of the line group.

We are using CallManager 4.1(3)sr4d

and I have assigned an extension to broadcast ring for a departmental line. Each member of the department sees the incoming caller ID, but I wish to enhance the alert name to also include the departmental extension, so that the team members know its a departmental call as opposed to a direct call to them.

I have included an extension that has the Alert Name set to the department name, but that is not achieving what I had hoped. Is that because I have it set on Broadcast instead of Top Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back