Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCIS Channels on 2400 IMX 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

3DNet

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2003
US
One of my 2400s has 7 CCIS routes split for voice/data at the CSU/DSU to my other locations (6 2000s & 1 2400). I need to change one of these routes to all voice channels, but I'm not sure where to start.

Does anyone have a procedure for building the route? My understanding is that it is best to delete the route and rebuild it. I can program CCIS on the 2000, but I need some assistance on the 2400 side.

DW

List up the route in question. B channels should be in one route and C channel (Ch.24) in a seperate route.
Unused channels except channel 24 should be flashers on your 24DTR card.
Go to ATRK, assign remaining channels(flashers)to Route??(exisitng route) Trunk??(sequential with first channels in use)
ACIC assign sequentially with other trunks in route.
MBTK to make trunks idle
Reset 24DTR, C Channel comes back on line and you should be in business.
Do not delete your exisiting B channel route if everything is working fine, only add your additional B's as required and assign to that exisitng route and CIC ID.
I'll check my manuals just to make sure instead of working off the top of my head?
Remember opposite side and channels must match.
Hope this helps.

Jerry Pannell
techs@sclb.com

Sounds easy enough. How about setting up a new CCIS route or a new PRI? In other words, is there a written procedure for these like in the 2000?

Yeah, there is a CCIS/ISDN manual that pretty much lays out the framework, not hard to understand or read. The NEC 2400 documentation guys have always done a good job with flowcharts, procedures, etc.

Jerry Pannell
techs@sclb.com

Your instructions were perfect, by the way. New voice trunks came up first try. You get a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back