Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCIP -QoS Exam - Prep Material

Status
Not open for further replies.

abidg

ISP
Jul 9, 2002
GB
Hello,

I am starting my preparation for the QoS exam and wanted to know which book(s) to study from.

I have two under consideration:

1) IP Quality of Service

2) Cisco QOS Exam Certification Guide

Second one looks tempting but my experience with certification guides is that they are quite limited in their scope as are only intended to help prepare for the exam and do not go much beyond that.

Thanks and regards,

Abid.

The exam certification guide is excellent. I used it exclusively about 2 years back when I took the test. Granted a few things may have changed since then but I found QoS to be the easiest of any professional level test I've ever taken through Cisco. Granted I have a lot of experience with QoS, but regardless the book is excellent.

Thanks Belushi.

One more thing - would I be able to perform all the labs for this exam on Dynamips/Dynagen - as that is my main mode of training for labs.

Regards,

Abid.

I'm pretty sure you can do all but any switching labs you may try within dynagen. I would strongly recommend the Exam Cert Guide by Wendell Odom. It's been the best cert guide book I've read so far.

I just passed this exam yesterday (woo-hoo!)

As mentioned by lerdalt, I used the Exam Cert Guide by Wendell Odom, and supplemented it with research on Cisco.com (IE when I read something that didn't go in, or wanted some clarification). And yes, you can simulate everything on dynamips except obviously the switching stuff when it talks about the 2950.

I wouldn't say that I found the exam easy, but I passed it with a good score so maybe I'm too hard on myself ...

Graham M. CCNP

Oh and I found the book to be quite detailed, going beyond the exam in some areas, and with a CD-ROM of material from the earlier editions of the book. This is material that isn't covered on the current exam, but is still included as a supplement based on feedback from readers saying they found it useful.

A colleague of mine has this book also, he uses it for reference a lot.

Graham M. CCNP

Congrats. So far that's been one book I refuse to share with anyone. Afraid it will disappear on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back