Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCENT ICND1

Status
Not open for further replies.

preddy007

Technical User
Nov 23, 2007
IE
Hi Guys,

Im sitting the CCENT exam in 2 weeks and have been studying hard and using test questions on the Cisco site.

Will they ask Simulator questions where i will have to configure a router via CLI?
How many questions are there and the format and any tips

Thanks
Paul

Paul,

Best place for up-to-date answers on exams is from Cisco -

Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1

Exam Number: 640-822 ICND1
Associated Certifications: CCENT and CCNA
Duration: 90 Minutes (50-60 questions)
Available Languages: English
--------------------------------------------

Questions you will see will be a mix of:
1) Pick the 1 BEST answer (radio button)
2) Pick all of the correct answers (check box)
3) Drag and drop in order or matching (FLASH)
4) sims on a simulator both routers and switches

You should expect to see from 1 to 3 sims using Cisco CLI on the exam for both router and switch configs.

Hope this helps!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Thanks for the helpfull answer, ive been doing some of the test exams on the cisco site which has been quite helpfull.

I am tryin to get some test now actually like the one i will see on the day of the exam any advise on what simulater stucture i should be reviewing for the sim part of the exam?
Will they ask me to create a small network with router,switch etc or will they just ask me to put some configurations on a router or switch?

Is testking worth purchasing?

Hell no---stay away from TestKing!
They won't tell you to create a small network---they'll have networks already set up, and ask you questions about them, or maybe have you configure RIP on them or static routes.
The best thing to do is go on Ebay and get some 2500 series routers and a few Catalyst 2924 switches. I would say 2 2500's, one 2620, and three Catalyst 2924's. If you can't afford all that right now, I would get the two 2500's to start, then the 2620, and at least one switch (Cat 2924).

Burt

If you want practice exams, TestKing is just screenshots of the questions, and some of their answers are wrong! This is also true with Pass4Sure! If you want a good practice site, for $40 you can get a 2 month subscription to practice tests at That's the real deal! Great site! But do not rely on that alone---read Cisco Press books and get some actual routers and switches off Ebay---this is NOT a test you can simply study for a few weeks and take---you MUST understand the concepts! Take your time and do it the right way! It will be worth it---TRUST ME!

Burt

Paul,

You keep saying you are studying hard using questions or you want MORE questions to study! I hope that you have read several books and are practicing on sims and real routers and switches.

To pass these exams AND to become a CCNA who will get a job because they know the material you should study the books - try what you read on the sims or home lab and then only test with questions to see where you are at based on what you have learned.

As far as sims 2 things you see -

1) you will configure the routers or switches with basic commands such as setting up a 3 line ACL to prevent x, y or z!

2) you will troubleshoot the routers/switches and correct an issue

IMO - things like testking are CHEATING - they are captures of the real questions and lead to a thing called a "Paper CCNA" - you might get the cert but in the real world when you are tested on the job you will fail because in the end all you learned was a bunch of right answers :-(

Do it right - learn the material and practice on real routers and switches - then take the exam.

E.A. Broda

Paul,

Exactly what Burt said !

Just learning a bunch of questions and answers might get you by the exam - but how will you ever do it for real on the job .....

In the past 10 years I have seen a lot of students try it both ways - those that did it right are all still working in the industry - most of the others have moved on or in one case the man went back and did it right and then got the job as a CCNA.

He had got his CCNA in 2 weeks using a "boot camp" that had him cram questions and answers :-( he passed but got blown out at the first interview when the employer started asking him some real world router issues - he told him to come back when he was a "real" CCNA!

Hope this helps!

E.A. Broda

Thanks again for the help guys.

Ive been on a week long ICND1 course above and understood most of the concepts just repetivly going over the books they provided along wit reading from the cisco site and doing there test exams.

Sims is what i need to do next as im tech support i my day to day job with some networking experience helping our net admin patching points running cables moving ports to vlans etc.

But along way to go before i attempt the ccna, CCENT exam on the 5th of Dec for me first.

well its the 7th, how did the exam go?

Great! scored 935 :)
CCNA next year now.
Anyone know the exam structure for that will I just have to do a smaller ICND2 Exam to get my CCNA now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back