Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCC vs CCR?? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

quazimotto

Programmer
Mar 29, 2008
US
Greetings Gents!! Would someone tell me the difference between CCC and CCR?

Thanks/Quaz

The stuff was that bad. Could you elaborate a little on why they both stink, porfavor.

CCC and CCR are hell to install if you are not used to it. I had to re-install the OS on my first CCR install because something went wrong and after trying 2 days to un-install and re-install it without getting it to work I went with the big bang and re-installed the OS which solved the problem.
CCC is so old that I can't remember but something tells me that it was more flexible than CCR but even worse to install and maintain.

UMS, never used it, vm to email is all I do nobody wants another inbox in their outlook just to get voicemail messages.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

I have done a lot of CCC installs and when it finally works it just doesn't show the right numbers, not in real time and not in historic reports.
Then CCR, done a lot less beause installing was a disaster when you missed one single step and also if it finally worked then the numbers in real time and in historical reports are wrong. For one customer we hired a very experience MS SQL programmer and it took a full week to fix all the programming errors in the SQL database to get more or less correct data. But there were other bugs and a upgrade also upgraded the SQL.... gone all the good work of that programmer.
That was our last CCR install so we switched to Xima Chronicall for what it is worth and after one week (free) training on the latest Callcenter apps I deceided not to install a single site with that mess, it may worked well on the old Bosch systems but it certainly doesn't work on IP Office.

Used CCR, sucked bad. Switched to Chronicall, vastly better at a faction of the price.

Pretty sure Xima Chronicall got started from an Avaya business partner that was so frustrated with Avaya's CCC/CCR they made their own software. That's how bad CCD/CCR was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back