Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCC V5 Report Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

testbench

Vendor
Sep 6, 2004
GB
Hello Chaps.

I have installed V3 on a IP412, fully with 10 Pots30 modules, upgrade went well, considering that during the upgrade, upgrading one P30 caused some others to redlight, but they all came back and now we have the following:
IPO 3.0.34
Modules: 5.0
VMPro: 3.0(13)
CCCV5.

I have Delta server up and running, although for it to connect to the IPO involved clicking the connect button rapidly 10 or 20 times, (Bourne out of fustration rather than skill)
CCV is working fine I can view the really time stats, but my main problem is with Report Client.

When I click on the app, rather than it starting I get the following message on my browser "You are not autorised to view this page"
I installed and uninstalled this whole program 5 times yesterday in various order, it has now been installed in the following sequence:

1. IIS
2. MSDE
3. ASP.NET (This is 2003 server)
4. CCCv5 apps

The services are started, I have admin rights on this machine. I have heard this happing to other people but no one has provided me with a solution, (other than CCCV4)

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks

Joe

Right I have done the following.

1. I have gone into the IIS admin, started the IIS app.
2. Assigned an IP address to the IIS app
3. Changd the port number from 80 to 8081

Now when I start the Report Client I do not get 'You are not authorized to view this page', instead I get, 'site under construction'

So now the web server is working, but no report client.

Something is not right

Hello again,

I rebuilt the machine. put w2000k on it, it now works a dream.

When you fire up report client you have to append 'reporter.aspx to the end of the file path in properties in the report client for it to work correctly.

I was running into this and had to change permissions in IIS to allow anonymous access to the reporting folder. I also had to change permissions on that folder as well.

I did get it to work after hacking all the security of 2003 and allowing anonymous access to the reporting and CCC folders. I have this working this way at two different sites

I've got a problem with report client.

I open a report, change the values, then run the report.

It starts working, formatting then it kills the CCC Reporting service. Checked in the event viewer and the CCCReporter.exe has caused an application error.

testbench - does the reporter.aspx thing have anything to do with this ? the file starts ok.

Funny thing is I choose values. Maybe something to do with Crystal ?

Using port 8081, how can you change this port and get it to work ? IIS ?

cheers

Seems it was Microsoft data protection thing in server 2003 stopping the service (protects the computer from virus' and other nasty things like avaya reporting

I have installed a few CCC V5's now and 2003 has always been a real pain because of permissions. This is completely undocumented by AVAYA. Depending on the way the domain and group policy has been configured is vital to the install and access from remote machines.

I would suggest as you have done for the time being using Win2k Server as the platform.

Also there seems to be intermittent security issues, with CCV downloading the database after you select the deltaserver, you must go into the local PC ethernet adapter and disable/edit the authentication methods. Also CCV V5 seems not to like to work with many of corporate antivirus packages and fails to work as the antivirus/real time monitors seem to this CCV is malicious traffic, until you diable them which the IT Administrator loves !! NOT.

ipo.gif
Umm anotherprivatebuild !!!

Jesterock,

I appended the reporter.aspx to the path name almost as a last resort. At the moment I am getting all sorts of run time errors when I try to run a report. The elders have yet to come forth with a solution, so if anyone out there can please save us from Avaya swiss cheese software!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back