Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCC Reporting Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdc33

IS-IT--Management
Apr 9, 2007
US
Hi All

Currently getting the following error message when trying to run a report with the CCC Reporting tool. I have not been able to get this application to work properly.

When I open the CCCReporting link I get fully populated interface but whenever I try to access a report I get the following message:

_ Object reference no set to an instance of an object _

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Greg

Ive seen that error before. Make sure MSDESQL is running. If it isnt, that would explain the error message you get. It cant retrieve the database call records from MSDESQL. Check in services or look in the bottom right tool bar. It will appear as a computer tower. You can test the database retrieval from sql; go to administative tools, data sources (ODBC). I think you can test it through cmd prompt too.

Thanks for the quick response SuperJenks

I verified the SQL Services are running. I even stopped and restarted the servcies with the same result.

I will try to test the connection her shortly.

Greg

Looks like an ASP related error, check the configuration of the Reports directory with IIS configuration.

Kavsagol - Would you (or anyone) be able to provide me with some additional detail on what I would be looking for when I check the Reports Directory within IIS?

I have no knowledge of how IIS should be set up but it appears during installation to have done what it needed to do.

Thanks for you response~

Kavsagol is onto something too. I do remember having a problem with asp as well. In the IIS manager, you can change it from asp.net 2.0 to the 1.0 version. This could have gotten corrupted from a windows update. If the pc had SP1 on it originally, that means it had asp.net 1.0, if it got upgraded through windows updates to asp.net 2.0, thats most likely the problem. If my memory serves me correctly, I had to reinstall the CCC software to get it to work. Everything else stayed intacted, untouched and worked fine after the reinstall. Good luck

First thing is to check if ASP.Net 1.1 is installed. You should have a directory called C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 (or if installed on a windows 2000 machine, it is C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322). 4322 means the build number, could be different on your computer.

If it is installed, you need to do 2 things:

1. Open a command prompt windows and from that directory run "aspnet_regiis -i".

2. Right click on "My Computer" and select "Manage". Expand "Services and Applications", expand "Internet Information Services", expand "Web Sites" and finally expand "Default Web Site". Right click on "Reporting" and select "Properties". Go to the ASP.NET tab and check that the ASP.Net version is 1.1.4322.

If ASP.Net 1.1 is not installed, you can download it from Microsoft's site and install it, and do step 2.

If all fails, uninstall CCC and reinstall it.

This might not be very useful (and of course might just be a something strange about how I've got things set up...) but I get this error when I open up a report and spend too long i.e. 1 minute filling in the info to run it.

I changed the timeout settings on the SQL Server Console and this helped but it still happens.

I also get this error if I'm trying to run a DDI report for example on a DDI that doesn't exist in the timeframe I'm running it for.

Kev

KevDBF - Thanks for the reply - everyone has been very helpfull!

The problem is I cant even get to the point where i select the criteria for the report - I wish i had that problem cause it sounds like you found the fix.

Did you ever encouter the same error when the report was attempting to load ? Thats where im stuck -

Greg

Software Requirements for CCC Server(s)
The CCC Server needs one of the following operating systems installed.

Microsoft Windows 2000 Server (SP3 or above)

Microsoft Windows 2003 Server

Make sure that the operating system has had all the Windows critical updates installed and that the following programs have been installed.

Internet Explorer 5.5 (SP1) or above. If this has come pre-loaded, please check that the version is 5.5 or above.

Before loading the CCC software the pre-installation requirements need to be completed. These are listed below and detailed on the following pages.

Modify the operating system.

Install Internet Information Services (IIS). If this has been pre-loaded, please check that the version is 1.1 or above.
Note: It is vital that IIS is installed prior to .NET. If these are installed in the wrong order, remove .NET (Add/Remove programs) and then re-install.

Install ASP.NET if using a Windows 2003 Server

Amend the Event Log settings

Install the database.

MS Outlook needs to be installed if the Delta Server email error notification is going to be used.

To install IIS and ASP.NET on a Windows 2003 operating system:

Click Start, highlight Settings and then click Control Panel.

Double click the Add/Remove Programs icon.

Click the Add/Remove Windows Components button.

Select Application Server

Click the Details button.

Make sure that ASP.NET is selected.

Make sure that Internet Information Services (IIS) is checked and highlighted.

Ensure that World Wide Web Server is selected and click OK.

Ensure that World Wide Web Server is checked.

Click OK to return to the Internet Information Services (IIS) screen.

Click OK to return to the Application Server Screen

Click Ok to return to the Windows Components screen.

Click Next to being the installation.

Note: The original Operating System media CD may be required.

I want to thank everyone who posted here for me - alot of good advice and tips. It seems my first issue has been resolved as I am now able to us the reporting tool.

I resolved it by:
Full Uninstall of CCC
Uninstall of IIS and ASP.NET componants

Reinstall IIS and ASP.NET then put back CCC.

It very well could have been a corrupted download or install.

I am just glad to have it fixed - (crosses fingers)

Thanks again to everyone who responded I am sure there are more questions to come !

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back