Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCC REPORTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech754

Technical User
May 3, 2006
US
When I start the CCC reporter it states that there are no licenses available. I am running IPO 3.2.53, CCC 5.0.33, and VM Pro 3.2.28. I have the Archiver and Delta Server running on same PC, followed tech tip 131 completely and still having issues. I can go to any PC on the Domain and load CCV and PC Wallboard and it works fine but no reporter.

I have followed the instructions and Loaded .NET first and then loaded IIS and rebooted, just having problem with web page. I got a microsoft error when I opened the application initially and proceeded to go to IIS and change the default web page to CCCSERVER/Reporting, which is the directory of the web page. Now it opens the web page but I have the license error.

ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS?

For some reason it wont let me log into tek tips with aloose. so i made a newname.

Anyway. I found whats going on. and I need some input on this... I have to stop the reporting/delta services and the stop the key server service, then start the key service, then the delta / reporting service... Then yhe reporting works, until I close the reporter and reopen it again. when I close the reporter and re open it again, it tells me no licenses yet again... so i have to stop all the services and re start them every time i run reporter... This is not fun, although I could make a .bat file to do this for me whenever I start the reporter, I would prefer to have it work correctly... any ideas?

stop the key services

uninstall the key server, then reinstall.

I did all that, including uninstalling the entire Admin pack. rebooted, then reinstalled the admin pack, then rebooted again, opened reporter, closed reporter, opened reporter "no license

Please tell us if you have tried to use reporter by using the ipaddress instead of the server name in the address bar of IE.

The "CCC Reporting" Service needs to be started after the Delta server service has started and validated the licenses. This can require a time delay setup in a startup script to delay the starting of the CCC Reporting service long enough.
At any time, restarting ONLY the CCC Reporting service should free the license up.
Also, there was a bug in an early version of CCC V5 that left out the close down message that was sent to the Delta Server. This message is required to free the licenses up for the next User. This message can also be blocked resulting in the same error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back