Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCC Reporter license error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2002
US
I am getting a message whenever I start CCC Reporting (5.0.18) that 'No available license could be found at this time'. I have checked licesnes in Manager and they are all there and valid including CCC Server and CCC Supervisor. When checking the Delta Server under licenses - it shows 2 available for Report Viewer BUT at the bottom of the list is yet another Report Viewer with zero licenses available. Should this Report Viewer be listed twice? I have just insatlled the latest CCC (5.0.25) without any change. Everything else seems to work fine but the reporting will not let me in no matter what I do. Anyone have any ideas??? Thanks!

same problem here... do you have CCCv4 and CCCv5 installed concurrently by any chance ?

I hope not .... I uninstalled CCC v4 via the Add/Remove Software as instructed. In fact I did the same with CCC v5 twice just in case I had not installed it properly but even now it will not work. I have to think it has something to do with the report viewer being listed twice in the Delta Server license screen but I have no idea how to remove the second one.

kaphein - I was reading the technical bulletins and tips and found in Technical Tip 128 a problem with firewall and licesning. Although it did not apply to me I was ready to try anything so I simply stopped and restarted the two CCC Services (CCC Delta Server, CCC Reporting) and it worked! You might try stopping and restarting these services as evidently they start too soon during boot up and do not secure appropriate licenses.

Hi guys

Just seen a posting on another site this is a known problem with delta server not releasing licenses. Stopping and starting the services will fix it but it will come back, after a while. I have just updated to 5.0.31 to resolve this problem. So far it is working well.

Not too sure it is gone to general release status yet but I twisted my account managers arm to get it

Hope this helps.

I have had this problem too! you have to stop and restart the reporter service and reconnect in the comms tab on the delta server or upgrade to 5.0.33 when you get the chance

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back